Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Happy Friday Night!

We are currently working on the server moving things to the new server. Parts of SatelliteGuys.US may be unavailable tonight.

We apologize for any downtime you may experience.

What happened was I set the server to copy files to the new server and for some reason the new server decided to update the DNS records on it's own. I did not notice that this happened until long after the changes were made.

I needed to rebuild the DNS by hand. Some DNS is still not working correctly and I am working on that now.

Thanks for your patience!

wow scott with all this work we might as well upgrade to the beta sight :) (BTW the beta sight never looked better) also if you need help during the upgrade whenever we do it.. im allways here :)

Sorry folks...

I thought I screwed something up but I am happy to say "It wasn't me" looks like our ISP changed the DNS listening to our new server when all the DNS was and is being handled on the old server.

It looks like they just fixed it (yippie!)

They are still working on it, I hope they have it fixed soon.

All's that we can do is sit and wait for them :(

im sorry. :(

BTW another way to get in is by adding an entry in the windows hosts file of 70.85.58.122 www.satelliteguys.us

This is a temp fix but it works. :)

adding the entry into hosts file works, thanks scott! Im in now-if that wasn't obvious (was it??)
by the way, I am running .359 to load a page! this site is moving now!~

Thats not fast. :D

When the problem is fixed I will post something in the pub area which will show you fast. :)

We are still on the old server now. :D

My DNS lookup response for www.satelliteguys.us returns 70.85.158.122 which does not work for me. Once it returned 70.85.58.122 which does work, so I modified my "hosts" file for now.

I thought maybe someone had launched a DDoS "bott" attack on this site...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)