Important Question About Fios Tv

tvwatchingdude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
I wanted to know if you can delete channels on FIOS TV. one thing i hate about cablevision is that even if you do not subscribe to certain channels, you still have to flip through these unsubscribed channels, and see that message that says you do not subscribe to this channel. I hate this. I wanted to know, that if you have fios, can you delete these unsubscribed channels, and just skip them.

Also is this possible on their digital adapter that cost 3.99 per month. I would want the digital adapter so that i would not have to pay 4.99 for a regular box.

Thanks

I wanted to know if you can delete channels on FIOS TV. one thing i hate about cablevision is that even if you do not subscribe to certain channels, you still have to flip through these unsubscribed channels, and see that message that says you do not subscribe to this channel. I hate this. I wanted to know, that if you have fios, can you delete these unsubscribed channels, and just skip them.

Also is this possible on their digital adapter that cost 3.99 per month. I would want the digital adapter so that i would not have to pay 4.99 for a regular box.

Thanks

Box yes, adapter, no.

With the new guide, you can't do that, but they are going to add it in as a feature "real soon now".

The digial adapter provides no guide, so your question doesn't really apply. I don't know much about it, but sounds like it functions like an old analog box. For $1/mo, it seems well worth it to get guide info. :)

-John

im confused

wait im confused now. the first responder said that it can be done. the second responder says with the new guide it cant be done, but its going to be added as a feature soon?????

which is it? im confused :(

No, it can't be done on the new guide. There is no working favorites list on the new guide, and you can't remove channels from the full guide listings.

-John

curious, arent there parental controls that let you lock out channels with FiOS? i have Dish Network, so i'm really just curious. i use Parental controls to lock out all the channels i dont watch, and they dont show up in the guide with Dish.

Why switch to Fios when Cablevision has better spanish and foreign language programming?

Sorry, I am looking at the new menu under Settings -> Favorite Channels -> Add/Remove Channels

We use this a lot.
That doesn't work for me. When I added TNT, I would also get TNT spanish. Also, I could not add the high def channels (upper 800's if I remember correctly).

This was from my experience back in September. I no longer have the service, but maybe they have pushed an upgrade since. If they have, thats cool, and would be good for the OP. If not, its pretty much useless.

-John

while that is true

Why switch to Fios when Cablevision has better spanish and foreign language programming?

while that is true, i passionatley hate cablevision! and i havent switched yet, but i am trying to see if the features fios has are better then cablevision. Also, if fios people are smart, they will match every channel cablevision has plus more! right? and hopefully they are reading this, and they do it. HOPEFULLY.

curious, arent there parental controls that let you lock out channels with FiOS? i have Dish Network, so i'm really just curious. i use Parental controls to lock out all the channels i dont watch, and they dont show up in the guide with Dish.

Yeah, I thought this might be a fix for the new guide and eliminating channels as well. Doesn't work- it blocks the channels requiring a pin number, but will not remove them as you scroll.

Theoretically from the "other" site the fix may happen tomorrow... of course the rumor of when we were to get the new guide started about a year ago and we just now got it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts