Impressed with 922

jrmy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Iowa
I am happy to say that I ignored the naysayers here and received my new 922 today.

After upgrading to a 70" LED TV a couple weeks ago I found myself less than satisfied with the 722's interface. While the receiver was reliable, the use of screen real estate left a lot to be desired IMO. I even considered switching back to DirecTV upon learning of their new HD GUI.

I've only had the receiver a couple of hours now, but I've found the menus and interface to be drastically better. I'm very happy I stuck with Dish. The interface is very polished and friendly and the guide is amazing! :up

I only wish I could have ordered from Dish and "installed" it myself. I ended up buying one from Solid Signal so that I could take upon myself the task of plugging in the power cord and moving my ethernet, HDMI and coax's to the new box. :rolleyes:

As you are playing with it, you will notice that it might be buggy at times... its ok and normal. The system will fully work correctly in about 24 to 48 hours. :)

Not on the 922, not with the remote. At least not until this feature is added in some future update.

I really like my 922. I can't wait until the Blockbuster Movie Pass gets installed. I am looking forward to that. My only problem is using the sling on my iPhone. The video is choppy and I get a warning about not enough bandwith. Not sure if it is my internet at home or AT&T here in central Indiana or what it is. It acts the same way when I use Wifi. I haven't really played with it much, but I need to figure it out. That is one of the reasons I went with the 922.

I really like my 922. I can't wait until the Blockbuster Movie Pass gets installed. I am looking forward to that. My only problem is using the sling on my iPhone. The video is choppy and I get a warning about not enough bandwith. Not sure if it is my internet at home or AT&T here in central Indiana or what it is. It acts the same way when I use Wifi. I haven't really played with it much, but I need to figure it out. That is one of the reasons I went with the 922.

Just to let you know, when you are slinging to your iphone, there is an on screen menu that appears. On the left hand side you can see the speed and I know with my Android it is my cell provider and the speed fluctuates widely and this is what causes the freezing and choppy signal. I get the low bandwidth warning every time on my phone. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns in the future.

I got my 922 two weeks ago and it came with 2 touchpad remotes. They did not work properly so they shipped me two 32.0 remotes and all is well.

I got my 922 two weeks ago and it came with 2 touchpad remotes. They did not work properly so they shipped me two 32.0 remotes and all is well.
Wow you got an old one! The Touchpad remotes were never released to the public. :)

(I have two touchpad remotes with mine plus the regular remote as well.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts