In Mazatlan- NEED HELP!!

axm007

Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
I brought my dish reciever and a new dish down to Mazatlan with me. I set up my dish and have a good signal.... but I don't get any service? It says I need to subscribe for the channels? I am a paying customer in US ..... Can dish block my service in Mexico? I'm not too technical so any advice would be great! Could the smart card be discrambled in not used for a couple months???

Thanks--- I hope someone can help me!!!!

the new smartcards disable themselves if not in the stream for a while. Leave it connected overnight.

call Dish and tell them to activate your receiver again. Just tell them they have been disconnected from the dish for a couple months, no need to mention their current location. That sort of thing just happens sometimes when a receiver has been unhooked from the dish for a while.

So based on this information..... It should work? Does anybody know if I should be able to pick up any local channels that far south?

Thanks

even if I pay for local package, I still can't get any??? Should I get all the premiums I pay for in US?

I set up my dish and have a good signal

Which satellites are you looking at?

I am a paying customer in US

I assume this particular receiver has been out of service for awhile?

even if I pay for local package, I still can't get any??? Should I get all the premiums I pay for in US?

Are your locals on a spot beam?
Once you get it activated if you have good signal on 110 and 119 you should get your premiums.

OK, I have all my channels except locals.... I do believe the locals are a spot beam... but " what is that " Would it be possible to get any local channels ( abc, nbc, cbs, wb, fox ) down here???? Do locals come off 119 satilite? I have a 1 meter dish.

Thanks!!!

A spot beam is a transponder that is aimed at one particular place, Rather than a larger area. Sort of like the difference between a flashlight and a floor lamp. A floor lamp lights the whole room, but you can point that flashlight wherever you need it.

a spot beam only covers certain geographic areas, not the entire US.

If you are outside the beam, there is NO physical way to get that signal.

OK, I have all my channels except locals.... I do believe the locals are a spot beam... but " what is that " Would it be possible to get any local channels ( abc, nbc, cbs, wb, fox ) down here???? Do locals come off 119 satilite? I have a 1 meter dish.

No! They will only authorize the locals from the address on record!!

Posted in This thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=57314

...both Dish and DirecTV use spot beam transponders. Dish transponders 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9 at 119° have 5 different "spots" each allowing Dish to reuse the frequecies for more local channels. This means that they can use transponder 1 in 5 different parts of the country with 5 different sets of channels. The down side is that unless you are in the "spot" there is no possible way to receive the channels on that spot beam transponder. Not even with this antenna
aerial1.jpg

... If you look at www.dishchannelchart.com you can see which channels are on what spot beams.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)