In Motion antenna questions

SteveHall

Original poster
Feb 22, 2021
Brevard, NC
So, I'm the new guy here. Been reading some of the threads and not so sure on how to ask this question, so will just blurt it out.
I'm currently with Dish and use a KVH R6 for in motion and a Trav'ler for when I'm parked. The box is a Wally.
I remember in the last few months that I could watch the tv while in motion, and the R6 was able to stay on channel/satellite, but now the wally wants to search for another satellite.
The R6 is programmed to look for 119, and it does rather quickly, it tracks well. But I believe that dish updated my wally to look for other satellites like 129.
I try to force the programming guide to only watch the satellite119 SD channels, and I can do this initially by a hard reset. But as soon as I change channels or while driving under an overpass, the dish loses signal and searches for an HD signal.
I really like the KVH antenna and was looking at some older instructions that state that it can use 129. But when speaking with KVH support, they say that's no longer possible.
So my question, any one had the same issue and if so, what was the solution? I prefer not to buck up for the RV1 and just may have to settle on a T4 by Winegard.
Any advice? Thanks, Steve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)