In-motion RV antenna Dish vs Directv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The big consideration would be If you want HD or not. DirecTV's HD signals are carried on KA Band ONLY, most in Motion RV Antenna's are KU Band only. To get an in motion KA Band solution you could be talking $5000 to $7000 and up. All of Dish's channels, both SD and HD, are carried in KU Band. KU Band in-motion systems start in the $2000 range.

I have an In-motion Intellian Brand KU Solution for my Boat and it works great, I use it for DirecTV, picture quality is not great on DirecTV's SD channels, but I get my Local's (Via 119''s Spotbeams) as well as all of the Core SD channels. My system can support upto to 2 Satellite receivers but Receiver one controls which satellite I'm pointed too. So If I had two receivers, Receiver #2 would only be able to get either my SD Locals (when receiver one is receiving SD Locals) or Core Service (When receiver #1 is tuned to Core Channels).

As stated above most KU Band Solutions can support both DirecTV and Dish Network Service.

John

Reactions: harshness
They work the same, but if you want HD you will likely pay about $3000-$4000 less going with Dish just due to the support for KA band satellites.

If SD doesn’t bother you, then you can get away spending $1500 with Directv.

Yes but no-one knows which channels will be on which satellite. So now is probably not the time to be investing thousands of dollars in a system that might be useless once the transition takes place.

Yes but no-one knows which channels will be on which satellite. So now is probably not the time to be investing thousands of dollars in a system that might be useless once the transition takes place.
Heres hoping they All go to the 101 !
Then we can continue to use these that only see the 101 Sat.

Fwiw, I KNOW thats not gonna happen, entirely.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)