In North America? Run crazyscan? Could you please take a screenshot?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ancient

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2014
USA
If you want to know why I need this please see this post in another thread, where it is buried and kind of off-topic:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3922631/

The gist of it is that if some kind person that runs crazyscan could run it on Galaxy 19 (97°W), 3980H, and post a screen capture of the screen that has the graph or plot or whatever it is in the upper left hand corner (that looks similar to this), it would be very helpful to me. If you have a TBS card or tuner, that would be even more helpful, but even if you have some other card it could be helpful because I think all TBS wants to know is what the "signa" (whatever that is) is on that transponder, so if the screenshot provides that information it would be very helpful.

The reason I can't do it is because my backend server runs Ubuntu Server, not Windows, and I don't even have a Linux desktop. And I don't think there is a Linux version of crazyscan anyway.

I looked at it and found Crazyscan does not support my TeVii PCI card. :( My Tevii isn't showing signal on that transponder. But my AI TurboS2 meter sees it. However it reports lock is not supported on that modulation type so it will not let my do a Constellation scan.

Here is a constellation plot from CrazyScan. Hope it helps resolve your problem with TBS support.

constellation..jpg

Reactions: ancient
I looked at it and found Crazyscan does not support my TeVii PCI card. :( My Tevii isn't showing signal on that transponder. But my AI TurboS2 meter sees it. However it reports lock is not supported on that modulation type so it will not let my do a Constellation scan.

Thanks for trying, I appreciate the effort.

Hey N6BY, thanks a bunch. I very much appreciate it!

So that's called a "constellation plot"? Still not sure what that means, but at least I have a name for it now! :)
Its a 2-dimensional scatter diagram showing the signal, a complex value which consists of real (Q) and imaginary (I) values. One axis is the "I" and the other is the "Q". Here is the Wikipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constellation_diagram

Ideally the diagram would show all the points neatly falling into one of the sixteen circular zones, each of which represents a digital "symbol". For 16APSK, there are 12 zones on the outer ring and 4 zones in the inner ring.

As you can see in the constellation plot I posted, many of the samples outside the red areas are ambiguous due to RF noise and using only an 8.5' dish when you really need at least a 10 footer. With a signal that poor, there are too many errors to receive reliable video. There is much less room for error with 16APSK compared to QPSK (like the plot you linked to in your post #1 here). This is why you need a much higher quality signal to receive 16APSK compared to QPSK.

16APSK is becoming more popular these days because you can cram more data in less bandwidth.

N6BY, they are wanting to know what card you used when you took that screenshot.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts