in process of changing from family pack to complete bundle with 250 channels

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
changing from eagle communications bundle to dish bundle. eagle keeps raising rates faster than dish does and we just have basic cable without hd and it is now 130. dish should be 140 plus taxes and such. 7 meg down on dsl and just bought the c1000a modem to hook up the dsl. they say 7 to ten days to hook up and I splurged and am paying for the tech to come out and make sure everything works. that will be interesting because my house never had a demark installed other than a pair of wires on the outside of the house. one of my questions is when I upgraded from family pack to 250 channels, when will this occur? at the time the tech comes out to install? and i know i should not contact eagle to delete service until the tech has the phone working? called about the tv service this morning but the guy on the phone said i had family pack and no other information about my upgrade. thanks, chas

changing from eagle communications bundle to dish bundle. eagle keeps raising rates faster than dish does and we just have basic cable without hd and it is now 130. dish should be 140 plus taxes and such. 7 meg down on dsl and just bought the c1000a modem to hook up the dsl. they say 7 to ten days to hook up and I splurged and am paying for the tech to come out and make sure everything works. that will be interesting because my house never had a demark installed other than a pair of wires on the outside of the house. one of my questions is when I upgraded from family pack to 250 channels, when will this occur? at the time the tech comes out to install? and i know i should not contact eagle to delete service until the tech has the phone working? called about the tv service this morning but the guy on the phone said i had family pack and no other information about my upgrade. thanks, chas
So, you are bundling DSL with Dish? What kind of equipment do you currently have if you already have the Family Pack? If you are keeping the current equipment, I don't see a reason why they can't upgrade your programming now. Maybe a DIRT member will have some answers.

one of my questions is when I upgraded from family pack to 250 channels, when will this occur?
If you're not seeing the add'l channels already (changes show up in minutes, by the way), it sounds like Dish is setting you up as a "new" customer, so nothing will change until the tech comes out and "activates" your service.

If an existing customer, the Dish Family pck, was renamed the Smart Pack. That said, if you had a work order on the account and changed channel pckages(this part may have changed) it will change when the tech closes the work order. If it did not get saved onto the work order, they wouldn't see it, and you just have to contact them to add it on. If you did not have a work order and changed channel pckages, it takes place in a matter of minutes.

I did think that they could upgrade the programming without activating the dsl though century link. that's ok because I don't want to eliminate eagle cable before they add the channels to the dish. I have a 222 hd receiver. that way the wife can watch regular tv and I can still get the second channel in the garage where I spend a lot of my time. checked this morning and the channels have still not been upgraded. I did contact them but the foreign accented dish rep did not see any upgrade on my plan. I still gave him a 9 on my reply to the workorder. oh well... I think I went though 3 or 4 gals before they got the order in. chas

You're doing it wrong. Most people are downsizing their TV packages or cutting the cord. You're going in the wrong direction. :D

there are three reasons I had to go to 250. my wife wants hgtv and the two hallmark channels. I guess I could go to the smart pack and add hgtv but that would be complicated for me. money is not a problem as long as the problems go away. social security is great if you have no other bills and everything is paid off. btw, Jason from dish called me about a problem with crs accepting my address for my phone number. I told him about the upgrade and it was there in 2 minutes. he said he's in Denver and just down the hall from the dish guys that help folks on here. talked to him again today and crs is still a problem but I know he will solve it. 3/4 is my technician date and they know I do not have a demark on the house and I will get one when they install. I have been with dish twice and this is the third time. they do a better job than direct or cable. chas

Do love us some Dish. Except Claude. Claude doesn't, but with his story, he gets a pass. I beleive all the DIrT are in Co. Home office 'yaknow?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts