MN Timberwolves FSN North

Fox's attempt at extorting more money after already agreeing to a previous contract, when they added more games on FSN.

Fox is so shady, ISIS doesn't even support them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree, although I respect Rupert Murdoch. He is running his business as he sees fit, and so far it is working for him. The one I can't stand is Les Moonves and his extreme hatred of innovation and the future. The same man who made all that wonderful money while saying things like "when you dvr my programming, you're stealing from me". That guy does piss me off whenever his name comes up. Rupert, is just trying to take risks and make money and offering what is agreed upon, whether reasonable or not.

Comparison. You have DTV. You have their sports package. They tell you "well you are already signed up for the sports pckage, but if you want the games on the sports channel, we want you to sign a new contract and you will pay more. This will not come with the PPV sports". Do you agree to renew a new agreement to get the content on the channels you already subscribe to(not a contract dispute, just more money for what's already agreed and sub'd to)? You can say Dish is to cheap, but in this instance it is Fox who wants more money for already agreed upon channels... Because they made a business deal mid contract that costs them more that had not been anticipated when they came to the original table with Dish for carriage rights.

Dude its midnight and my life sucks a giant bag of smashed a**holes right now and I have no clue what the hell you just said

There use to be 25 games on local (Mpls) TV (My29). The games WERE shown on FS North outside of the Minneapolis market. They are now FSN exclusive and FSN wants a few more cents for that programming. Everyone else said yes but dish is too cheap and said No. Simple as that.
Good god its 2015. Who other than Dish has RSN's in HD part time? NOBODY!

A few cents extra adds up against the millions of customers that may subscribe. You know that just as well as me. Are you really in the feeling that Dish is bad for honoring their contract? There is stuff to complain about Dish, especially with everyone's prices going up just a few cents already, you have to commend dish for saying "no" until their contract runs out. This is Foxs own doing, and it appears as if neither company is greatly affected by it, so kudos to both. Like I said, I respect RM for wanting more money, and I respect Charlie for saving some. Neither is truly wrong, just business.

This is why if Sports is an or the important part of TV for someone DirectTV is the way to go. If not, then you may save substantially including not paying an additional sports fee with DISH . I do watch sports on NESN but if a very few games were not broadcast I have alot of other things to do or watch. If I watched every game of a particular sport I would probably not be quite so happy.
I have had DISH for so many years I don't even think about the RSN's not being in HD all the time, I rarely watch beyond the actual games and pre/post game shows which in Boston are in HD virtually 100% of the time. I think all channels should be in HD but I have no complaint about RSN's being HD part time.

Fox made poor investments, and is trying to backpeddle. It happens. Good for Dish and ATT for having a damn backbone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts