Has anyone figured out how to record only the nascar races

e_a_g_l_e_p_i

Original poster
Feb 17, 2009
Minnesota
I've had this problem since I have been with Dish and that's been over 10 years. I have the Hopper and when I record a race I have to do a manual timer for each race. Is there a way that I can set up the recordings so only the races are recorded and not practices and qualifying?

I hope someone figures this out someday. Also I am up all night watching TV and I am sick and tired of telling the Hopper I don't want to reboot every hour. THIS LAST PART WAS IN CASE ANYONE FROM DISH READS THIS FORUM !!!!

This is the same problem with golf! If you set up a timer for PGA Golf from the guide you get it all. PGA golf, Champions Tour, Web.com, etc, etc.

The real problem with recording it is that it doesn't recognize what episodes are new or not. For example; The Golf channel will have PGA Tour golf on from 1-3pm on a Saturday and CBS will have the same tournament on from 3-6pm. Even though both episodes show as new in the guide my HWS will record the episode on 401 and cancel the one on CBS! Even though the guide says "new" the episodes numbers are the same. What's frustrating is that there will be a green or blue icon showing that the CBS episode is going to record right up until the moment it is suppose to start and then everything just disappears! When I go to the history it doesn't even show that it was scheduled!

According to DIRT the only way around this is with manual recordings! Sure seems pretty pitiful for such an advanced machine.

What I miss most about DTV was the ability to set up a Boolean recording. In my case it was to record all PGA events minus Champions, Web. Worked perfect And it would work perfect for your NASCAR woes too.

Just set up a timer on the channel the race is on. I've done it for years like this. Qualifying and practice are always on FS1 but not the race cept for trucks

Reactions: stimpson
Just set up a timer on the channel the race is on. I've done it for years like this. Qualifying and practice are always on FS1 but not the race cept for trucks
starting this year, some Sprint Cup Series and Xfinity (formerly the Nationwide series) races will be airing on FS1 and possibly FS2 if a sporting event runs over the allow time and interferes with the race or is forced to move to FS2 due a rain delay.

By Manual do you mean your are manually setting the start and stop times for the recording. Or do you mean you go in to the epg. select the race and select record once?

Looking at the guide through Dish Anywhere, when I search "nascar", I get

NASCAR Racing << the actual race
NASCAR America
NASCAR RaceDay
NASCAR Victory Lane

If a "Seek and record" timer is used and is just looking for titles with "nascar" in it, it's doing it's job.... Change it to look for "nascar racing". In my experience, it won't look for anything with "nascar" or "racing" either, it uses the entire phrase.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts