in the dog house after 5 years

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Won't work that way

With most receivers leased does E audit demand their return?

technology could easily make this all unnecessary, all receivers would HAVE to talk to one another over the LNB, or lose service.

E had the opportunity but didnt bother........

Bob it's no a 2 way send /receive LNB so no way for it to "talk" back to home base. Now it could hav info sent to it and it reply via either WAN or ph line.

GRRRR!:rant::D lol;) Never heard from them again though. BTW after a receiver is cut off by the audit team as the OP described I didn't think it could be turned back on?:confused:

They can be turned back on, they failed me and threatened me with all kinds of stuff (including be arrested), after a very angry email to the ceo addy I had my other 3 receivers turned back on and have not been called since that incident.

i say just serial number the lnb or switch like the reciever and smart card numbers. make the switch/lnb serial number be on the account and the rec is only activated if connected to that particular switch/lnb.

Bob it's no a 2 way send /receive LNB so no way for it to "talk" back to home base. Now it could hav info sent to it and it reply via either WAN or ph line.

A exhibitor showed at team summit a anti stackinbg system over 5 years ago, E could of licensed the technology and no audits needed. subs could of requested special exemptions and E could of enabled it on a case by case basis.

my understanding is the receivers talked to each other over the LNBs similiar to dishcomm.

That's LAN

A exhibitor showed at team summit a anti stackinbg system over 5 years ago, E could of licensed the technology and no audits needed. subs could of requested special exemptions and E could of enabled it on a case by case basis.

my understanding is the receivers talked to each other over the LNBs similiar to dishcomm.

Dish comm is thru the network not thru sat (LNB). Unless it's a 2 way system (tx/rx) there are only 2 ways to talk to "home" WAN (www.) or thru phone.

Dish comm is thru the network not thru sat (LNB). Unless it's a 2 way system (tx/rx) there are only 2 ways to talk to "home" WAN (www.) or thru phone.

They wouldn't need to, they would just need to be able to talk between each other (all receivers omn the account) and any that didn't see the rest wouldn't work. (except for some new hidden channel that would tell you to get all your receivers into your single location.)

With most receivers leased does E audit demand their return?

technology could easily make this all unnecessary, all receivers would HAVE to talk to one another over the LNB, or lose service.

E had the opportunity but didnt bother........

That's a nightmare waiting to happen, Bob. I know you don't install these, so you don't know the kind of non-standard installations that are out there. But suffice it to say, that's a really bad idea.

Dishcomm works through the power lines, not the LNB. (When it actually DOES work, that is.)

Last time they bothered me was back in 2007, and I went back and fourth with them for 2 weeks turning receivers on and off. It was more of a joke, they would shut me down and I would make a call to someone I knew at corporate and be back up and running again.

Then they would go back and check a few days later to see why I didn't call them back and go ahead and shut me down again :)

After they ran out of excuses, they finally disconnected one of my accounts saying I could not have a second account under a promotion.

I had to send them a copy of me and my fathers drivers license and they finally agreed to leave me alone.

They wouldn't need to, they would just need to be able to talk between each other (all receivers omn the account) and any that didn't see the rest wouldn't work. (except for some new hidden channel that would tell you to get all your receivers into your single location.)

We use UPS units on all of our receivers, televisions, and surround sound systems. They completely prevent the ability of the receivers to communicate with each other via dish-com. This would totally negate their ability to "see" each other.

That's a nightmare waiting to happen, Bob. I know you don't install these, so you don't know the kind of non-standard installations that are out there. But suffice it to say, that's a really bad idea.

Oh I know there are lots of wierd installs. I have one myself.

I have 2 seperate systems for redundancy after a unfortunate failure on a holiday in a snowstorm. it was about 15 degrees, blizzard like conditions.

i have 2 seperate 500 dishes, one feeding a sw34, the other a quad without 61.5, a leftover of my sky angel days.

this way if one system goes down i just connect the already in place cables to the other one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

the talking between receivers wasnt dishcomm as we know it, it was purely over lnbs.

exceptions could of been made for good reasons, and probably dishcomm could be a back up. its flakey here but all my light bulbs are CFs, perhaps thats it?

wonder if E tracks dishcomm reports?

while it reports your boxes it can pick up others, E might get suspicious if another box thats supposed to be 50 miles away reports in where it doesnt belong

You would think in this day and time with the economy the way it is that business (Dish) would appreciate customers not run them away.

I believe you are correct for legacy LNBs, but the DP stuff is indeed two-way. This two-way comm could have included a SN for the purposes of verifying that the receivers are all connected to the same antenna. This possibility also does not preclude fallback use of phone lines, so that the Dish Audit Nazis don't call up Bob because of his non-standard installation. If the Audit Nazis don't bother us unless we fail both the LNB test and the phoneline and/or Internet test, they would very likely corral very few and very likely account stackers.

While I think Dish Audit team does catch some people, I think Dish Audit Team does more harm then good, and that most that they do contact are doing nothing wrong. They just chase customers away to cable/FIOS/Directv and they will NEVER return. Heck, they want info from receivers that you have shut off on your account!!! If you make a change after an audit they will shut it off immediately accusing you of stuff. They have a LOT of nerve accusing a lot of customers of theft making them guilty until proven innocent and in some cases always thinking they are guilty. Eventually if they keep this up along with the price increases among other things and the nickel and diming, it will catch up with them. It did some with subscriber loss a few quarters.

From another perspective, we are on a forum. Most people complain on forums, so we only here the horror stories.

I think Scott had a point when he said there must be a reason for them. If they weren't catching more people than they are alienating, they would no longer exist.

You would think in this day and time with the economy the way it is that business (Dish) would appreciate customers not run them away.

sure, and i guess the local store owner would appreciate me if i a buy at least half of the things i need and steal the rest from him, being the economy and all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)