In your opinion, which company makes the DUMBEST TV commercials?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I CAN'T STAND Progressive commercials. They annoy me so much that I never want to do actual business with them because their commercials are so annoying!

As a group, any commercials for prescription drugs. I can't imagine how much time and energy is wasted by asking your physician if xxx is right for you.

GoDaddy. Half of them you can't even figure out what they're hawking and all of them are annoying. Right behind them are all the drug commercials especially those bloody awful psoriasis ones.

The lawyer commercials that want to sue drug companys. Thier spiel, If you or a loved one has died from this drug call this number and they can get you money for it. I say if you died how are you going to call them? And if you are dead you don,t need any more money.

Kaiser. A mother is doing a tele-visit to her doctor from home and her kid starts getting into something he shouldn't. Then the doctor starts singing and gets the kid to come to the computer screen.

• Haha
Reactions: KE4EST
GoDaddy. Half of them you can't even figure out what they're hawking and all of them are annoying. Right behind them are all the drug commercials especially those bloody awful psoriasis ones.
Worse is actually using GoDaddy for your web host.

They have jacked up my annual fee every year. Then my web site got malware added (probably because they had a security breach they won't admit). They said they would fix it and install a 'firewall' for another $200 a year.

Also they took away my email accounts so I had to find another provider for that.

I need to transition to a new web host next summer before the annual renewal date!

Reactions: KE4EST
I have a rule of thumb, if they advertise heavily I stay away on the assumption that if they were that good they wouldn't need such heavy-handed constant hawking, but that's just me. For instance, those two constantly in your face insurance companies - I compare rates every single year and neither has ever, not ever, had the best rates or been able to save me money.

Oh man, I missed one! How about all those car commercials where people stop and go ga-ga when a common teardrop shaped SUV drives by as if it were something spectacular when in fact at 50 feet they all look alike and none of them are special in any way. Like the guy who spots what turns out to be a Mercedes a 1/4 mile away and gets so mesmerized he leans on and destroys his gingerbread house. Oh please! :rolleyes:

The lawyer commercials that want to sue drug companys. Thier spiel, If you or a loved one has died from this drug call this number and they can get you money for it. I say if you died how are you going to call them? And if you are dead you don,t need any more money.
Those commercials advertise to the families of those individuals, and ask them to sue. But I’m still plenty such that many of them are frivolous lawsuits.

Cable companies. In my area mostly Suddenlink and Comcast. Trying to convince you that they care and that their product is anything beside the garbage pile it is.

Oh man, I missed one! How about all those car commercials where people stop and go ga-ga when a common teardrop shaped SUV drives by as if it were something spectacular when in fact at 50 feet they all look alike and none of them are special in any way. Like the guy who spots what turns out to be a Mercedes a 1/4 mile away and gets so mesmerized he leans on and destroys his gingerbread house. Oh please! :rolleyes:
"He did it AGAIN ...

Can I dredge up the Ruth Buzzi ads for Tide? I hated that ad so much, I have been on a lifelong boycott of Tide.

Also I can't stand any commercial that makes a man out to look like a dumbass and only his wife can fix the problem. And boy are there plenty of those.

• Sad
Reactions: stecle and TheKrell