Inactivity Standby disable

jsw5620

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
Alabama
If anyone was pulling their hair out like I was trying to find out how to disable or change the time of the inactivity standby, it is hidden in the menu. Go to menu>settings>diagnostics>updates and it is the only option available in there. Why they hid it in that menu I have no idea.

There is just no good reason the Hopper (or other DVRs) need to reboot every night. Software updates aren't released that often and it can update the program guide while booted. This inactivity shutdown and nightly reboot is a major pain to people using receivers 24/7 (public areas/offices/homes with night owls).. Personally I turn my TV on dim mode and turn the Hopper to a news channel. I hate it when it shuts off by itself.

And it isn't exactly hard program logic to not prompt to reboot when you just start a DVR event, or even changed the channel. Shouldn't it kinda figure out that you are watching it and don't want to reboot at that time.

Dish - please set an option for either no reboot, reboot every few days, or better yet - resume previous programming after reboot, instead of clicking select to bring it back online. Why do they never work on simple user-friendly things like this?

There is just no good reason the Hopper (or other DVRs) need to reboot every night. Software updates aren't released that often and it can update the program guide while booted. This inactivity shutdown and nightly reboot is a major pain to people using receivers 24/7 (public areas/offices/homes with night owls).. Personally I turn my TV on dim mode and turn the Hopper to a news channel. I hate it when it shuts off by itself. And it isn't exactly hard program logic to not prompt to reboot when you just start a DVR event, or even changed the channel. Shouldn't it kinda figure out that you are watching it and don't want to reboot at that time. Dish - please set an option for either no reboot, reboot every few days, or better yet - resume previous programming after reboot, instead of clicking select to bring it back online. Why do they never work on simple user-friendly things like this?
it is a pain but as a workaround you could set an auto tune timer for a a little after the 1:30ish reboot time. YMMV

Sethwell. Interesting. I hadn't thought of that. While I do have an event set to record "Morning Joe" on MSNBC at 4am, it doesn't auto-tune to it. That is usually what I set to watch before putting TV on dim mode and closing my eyes for sleep. I didn't realize that auto-tune would have it come out of sleep mode. I wonder why they removed the ability to set the reboot time. Would be nice to set it for 3am then a auto tune timer for 3:15.

Thanks for the info :)

Sethwell. Interesting. I hadn't thought of that. While I do have an event set to record "Morning Joe" on MSNBC at 4am, it doesn't auto-tune to it. That is usually what I set to watch before putting TV on dim mode and closing my eyes for sleep. I didn't realize that auto-tune would have it come out of sleep mode. I wonder why they removed the ability to set the reboot time. Would be nice to set it for 3am then a auto tune timer for 3:15.

Thanks for the info :)

So you're the ONE who watches MSNBC. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts