Soap Channel R.I.P 1/1/14

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Juan

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
shows "off air" in the guide..Hopefully this not the beginning of a Disney Spat instead just the end of another junky channel

Disney ended SoapNet on 12/31 and providers already started pulling it. Where the heck have you been?
This was announced in November

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...oapnet-20131109,0,3311291.story#axzz2ocHSFepQ

Disney eventually announced that it would finally discontinue Soapnet on December 31, 2013.[3] The network's impending discontinuation had been previously reported by several cable providers, including AT&T U-verse, Comcast, Charter and Cox

ABC/Disney launched Disney Junior in 2012. The intent was to replace SOAPnet with Disney Junior. What happened was that it took some time to get providers on board to add Disney Junior to their channel lineups. So, ABC/Disney kept SOAPnet operating with loops. The timing is now there for SOAPnet to go away permanently. It will not exist after December 31, 2013.

Disney ended SoapNet on 12/31 and providers already started pulling it. Where the heck have you been?
This was announced in November

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...oapnet-20131109,0,3311291.story#axzz2ocHSFepQ

Disney eventually announced that it would finally discontinue Soapnet on December 31, 2013.[3] The network's impending discontinuation had been previously reported by several cable providers, including AT&T U-verse, Comcast, Charter and Cox

No need to get so nasty. He was just reporting something he noticed. Not all of us are as up on things as you.

No need to get so nasty. He was just reporting something he noticed. Not all of us are as up on things as you.

I'm not being nasty. Juan has been here long enough and likes to "stir the dish pot" so to speak. Its been posted numerous times that Soapnet is ceasing on 12/31

I'm not being nasty. Juan has been here long enough and likes to "stir the dish pot" so to speak. Its been posted numerous times that Soapnet is ceasing on 12/31
I wasn't stirring anything..just a simple observation..there have been a number of low rated channels that have gone "off air" recently

I did NOT think you were "nasty" either. Sometimes when someone is concise and trying to make a point, others misunderstand.

For anyone that watches soaps, TVGN (Dish channel 117) shows The Young and the Restless at 7/6 PM/c weeknights and sometimes at midnight/11 PM/c. The Bold and the Beautiful recently got added on TVGN, and I believe it plays at 6/5 PM/c and 6:30/5:30PM/c as well as 1 AM/ midnight/c. The show also has a marathon during the weekend (I think Sundays at 11/10AM/c..). I think there were some complaints that TVGN did not air same day episodes of B&B but the previous day's episode unlike Y&R which has the same day episode shown. I am not sure if that changed or not; I noticed complaints on TVGN's Facebook when the show first started to air on the channel.

I believe The Young and the Restless and Days of our Lives is also available to view online on the CBS and NBC sites respectively. I believe both are Sony TV shows. Maybe DOOL could be added to TVGN as SoapNet was an ABC/ESPN owned channel. I know TVGN is now a CBS/Lion Gates channel. I thought that maybe they would add The Price Is Right, Let's Make A Deal, The Talk, etc. although I do not think it is really necessary.

For those watching Veronica Mars reruns, the show will be moving to pivot (channel 197) as it has acquired it. Also, I believe the show is on DVD.

Last edited:
There are only four broadcast network soaps remaining: ABC's General Hospital, CBS's The Bold and the Beautiful and The Young and the Restless, and NBC's Days of Our Lives.

There have been cancellations that are numerous from the past, say, five years. Before that, they were gradually getting phased out. CBS canceled Guiding Light and As the World Turns in 2009 (with the latter's final episode having aired in 2010). ABC canceled All My Children and One Life to Live in 2011 (with the latter's last episode having aired in 2012). The two ABC dramas were purchased by Prospect Park, for production and viewing over the Internet, and those experiments evidently failed.

It's a hell of a thing that has happened to the network daytime soaps, over the last several years, as those who are employed by any of the ones still remaining know what a sensitive situation it all is.

Mojo Jojo noting that TV Guide Network now airs same-day episodes of The Young and the Restless and The Bold and the Beautiful may, perhaps, have the soap viewers hoping that TVGN also strikes a contractual agreement allowing it to carry same-day episodes of Days of Our Lives and General Hospital.

There's a ton of soaps on American Broadcast TV. You just have to learn Spanish! Univision, Telemundo, Azteca America, Mundo Fox, all American TV networks, have a bunch of daily soaps! :D

There's a ton of soaps on American Broadcast TV. You just have to learn Spanish!

Actually, many of them (& other shows on the major Spanish nets) are closed captioned in English now... ;)
I've actually watched "Laura" on UniMas- only problem is for the poor "caption typist" trying to keep up amongst all the "bleeps"!!! :D :D

In the DISH forums..... Along with As the DISH Turns....

Other than that Noon Eastern Time NBC...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts