Incomplete (?) Hopper install

Yes, PTAT is locked to tuner 3 on my hopper so that may be why you are having difficulties. Autohop will show up as enabled on PTAT recordings when you see a kangaroo in the top right of the recording icon. When you select it to watch it will prompt if you want to Autohop or not. There is nothing to set or enable.

Hmmm... So PTAT is locked to tuner 3, I can set timers, but they apparently don't work. See the attachment.

Timer start and stop times are shown, but record start and stop are N/A.

Calling the installers in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Attachments

• image-2513069517.png
    image-2513069517.png
    203.2 KB · Views: 108
I wonder if that dummy skipped the node on his 10 other Hopper installs... Too lazy to run a second line perhaps? Dish uses dual coax standard though, so there is a possibility that there is a second line already ready.

I was thinking earlier was this his 1st h/j install or his last? Then I read he has "only installed 10" That makes me think its closer to his last install.Leaving an install not working is not acceptable IMHO.Equipment failure is one thing but leaving something out?

Not just leaving "something" out, but the backbone of the system. Even the customer prodded him with "isn't there any outside work to do?" Unacceptable and unbelievable.

Latest update: Called local installer yesterday. I was supposed to get a call back from the tech or someone. 24 hours later, no call. :(

Last night, PTAT was working, sans tuner #3. Though, that screws up almost all else, as the Hopper keeps trying to get a signal on T3. If I was careful, I could look at something else, and not get into the black pit of "Acquiring Satellite Signal"...

I think I've given the local installer a fair chance. If a DIRT member is reading, could they PM me? I'll try to respond as soon as I can. Thanks!

BTW - I took photos of various screens, and had the Hopper send data to, well, someplace... :confused:

I think I've given the local installer a fair chance. If a DIRT member is reading, could they PM me? I'll try to respond as soon as I can. Thanks!
considering how botched it is by leaving out the node, you gave them way more opportunity to fix it than most anyone else on this site would have given. If you want this resolved faster....

On the bottom of the main forum page, you'll see the usernames in red with @DISH Network at the end. Those are official reps from Dish that are active on the forum right now. Just send them a private message with your account or phone number.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forum.php (scroll down to the bottom)

considering how botched it is by leaving out the node, you gave them way more opportunity to fix it than most anyone else on this site would have given. If you want this resolved faster....

On the bottom of the main forum page, you'll see the usernames in red with @DISH Network at the end. Those are official reps from Dish that are active on the forum right now. Just send them a private message with your account or phone number.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forum.php (scroll down to the bottom)

Ah, Thanks for that tip!

PM Sent!

Last edited:
considering how botched it is by leaving out the node, you gave them way more opportunity to fix it than most anyone else on this site would have given...

Well, though I read the information here (the Job guide, etc.), I gave the installer the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps there was a new procedure I wasn't aware of. Also, I'm not sure I see in the Job Aid anyplace where it says a node is required, though it does show one node or the other in every diagram.

Anyway, got hold of Zach, and it's all set for Saturday!

call the sticker you wont get charged if the new tech notes incomplete installation. Walk around the home and in basement and make shore thy didnt install the node thow because if the tech finds it you may get charged. Callig the sticker means you will talk to local installer instead of routing to India or Asia call center. If new cables were installed when thy installed old system then thy can use old cables if there in good shape. good luck

They can't charge jack because the installer left it nonoperational from day 1. The installer left knowing that tuner 3 was not functioning.

Screw the original installer and company. They botched an install, were non-responsive in rectifying it and deserve to lose whatever penalty they get from DISH.

viggen61 said:
Well, though I read the information here (the Job guide, etc.), I gave the installer the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps there was a new procedure I wasn't aware of. Also, I'm not sure I see in the Job Aid anyplace where it says a node is required, though it does show one node or the other in every diagram.

Anyway, got hold of Zach, and it's all set for Saturday!

Whether it says it or not a node is always required.

How about with a 61.5/72 setup?

You need a "signal" for each of the three tuners, regardless of the number of sats. That requires triple bandstacking. The only way to get that currently is with the node.

JM42 said:
You need a "signal" for each of the three tuners, regardless of the number of sats. That requires triple bandstacking. The only way to get that currently is with the node.

Yup yup. 2 cables from dish to node provides all 3 sat tuners.

A node is essential for the correct operation of the Hopper.

How about with a 61.5/72 setup?

The DishPro technology is what stacks the sats onto one line. DishPro Plus is what stacks 2 tuners on each line from the Dish/switch (on ViP receivers, requires a separator.) The node takes the DishPro Plus signals from two lines, and stacks another tuner on top of the previous 2 (called DishProX.) More info here: EKB: DishPro Technology

Also, the node is required for MoCA communication.

No node = no third tuner = no go.

That was quick!

Tech came out, just beating the storms, hooked up a Solo Node at the dish, and now I've finally got all I paid for! He wasn't here 15 minutes.

So PTAT should work tonight. Interestingly, it did work Thursday night. I think because the Hopper was off when the time came around, so it could use whatever tuner it liked. Friday, it didn't work, but I was home and watching TV when the time came.

Hopefully, I'll be in full Hopper bliss now!

Thanks for all the follow-up, and thanks to DIRT for their support!

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Attachments

• image-856941740.png
    image-856941740.png
    208.2 KB · Views: 87

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)