Indiana/Indianapolis area VOOMERS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You would have to move the antenna north to get 29-1 (WTTKD1) than is the same as 4-1. No Channel 4-1 OTA, but that may change some day if they become an Indianapolis Station. I have DirecTV too with Locals, so yes I can watch and record every Pacers Game. It's a good thing since Wife is a "Pacer Nut"!. Just checked my OTA VOOM channels and receive a total of 14. Additions to your list are:
20-3, 25-1,25-2,40-1 and 40-2. No big deal, Hope this helps! Good Luck!

rickaren said:
You would have to move the antenna north to get 29-1 (WTTKD1) than is the same as 4-1. No Channel 4-1 OTA, but that may change some day if they become an Indianapolis Station. I have DirecTV too with Locals, so yes I can watch and record every Pacers Game. It's a good thing since Wife is a "Pacer Nut"!. Just checked my OTA VOOM channels and receive a total of 14. Additions to your list are:
20-3, 25-1,25-2,40-1 and 40-2. No big deal, Hope this helps! Good Luck!

Why is 25-1 listed in the program guide, along with 6? Are they the same or is there a difference? The Voom guide lists 6 as WRTVD1, and 25-1 as WRTV-HD.

Just curious...

Jeff

JEFFinINDY said:
Why is 25-1 listed in the program guide, along with 6? Are they the same or is there a difference? The Voom guide lists 6 as WRTVD1, and 25-1 as WRTV-HD.

Just curious...

Jeff

25-1 is the true hd station and 6 is not

tyork

JEFFinINDY said:
The guy who installed my antenna put in a second antenna pointed at a different direction along with a filter, so I could get 23 along with the rest of the locals (I decided to hire an expert in antenna installations to do mine so I could get 23, and so I could have it installed in the attic and not visible or exposed to the elements).

Jeff

i hard to get voom to approve a 2nd antenna now not like it was in the very
begin. Just to get 1 channel.

tyork

JEFFinINDY said:
I'm getting 23 (UPN), but no 4 or 40....

Jeff
The installer explained to me that you'll lose some of the channels if you seek certain channels, why this is the case confuses me, i'd think that once the OTA? was pointed in the correct direct/position, all channels available in your area should be available. But wht the heck do I know? i jus drive ChooChoo's 4 a livin... LOL

Jeff:

The way I understand it Channel 6 must give up that 6-1 and move to the 25-1 at some future date. They are the same programing, but 6-1 may or may not be HD. Also there has been times when 8-4 had programing on it, but not now.

Go to AVS Forum for more answers to the Channel 4 questions and other Indiana issues.Ihttp://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=186022ndiana DTV Update <<<

Try http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=45

Then Indiana DTV Updates. Couldn't get link to work. Again, hope you enjoy VOOM and good luck.

TYORK said:
i hard to get voom to approve a 2nd antenna now not like it was in the very
begin. Just to get 1 channel.

tyork

But it's the channel that shows Star Trek Enterprise! Seeing it in HD almost makes up for the exasperating writing! :D

Choochie said:
The installer explained to me that you'll lose some of the channels if you seek certain channels, why this is the case confuses me, i'd think that once the OTA? was pointed in the correct direct/position, all channels available in your area should be available. But wht the heck do I know? i jus drive ChooChoo's 4 a livin... LOL

cause the winegard is a directional antenna. and not all the tower are in the the same location like channel 4 is in trafalger and the 6,8,13,20,59,and 1 other is on the north side of indy.

tyork

Quick ? for Indy Voomers

I want to do two dishes (D* and V*) on one mast. The D* triple-LNB dish has to be at the top of the mast because the mast would hit the tilt plate hardware. Do any of you know if a central-Indiana V* dish's mounting hardware would clear a mast if it were not at the top of the mast?

I have a nice location (chimney-mounted in masonry with SS lag screws and lead anchors) and will buy an extended-height mast from Skywalker before my V* install (on Wednesday, if they don't postpone it) if this would work. I really don't want to mount another base plate ;)

TIA,
Todd

tbhausen said:
I want to do two dishes (D* and V*) on one mast. The D* triple-LNB dish has to be at the top of the mast because the mast would hit the tilt plate hardware. Do any of you know if a central-Indiana V* dish's mounting hardware would clear a mast if it were not at the top of the mast?

I have a nice location (chimney-mounted in masonry with SS lag screws and lead anchors) and will buy an extended-height mast from Skywalker before my V* install (on Wednesday, if they don't postpone it) if this would work. I really don't want to mount another base plate ;)

TIA,
Todd

you might be ok if you get the real long mask that skywalker has on the counter over there i sure it would work but i am thinking that you would have to remove the bolt that go all the way across inside the dish mount .
the only problem i do see if that want be to much weight with the 2 dishes plus the antenna mounted on the 1 mask.

tyork

Ps. who is doing your install ( what Company let me know if they postpone it
/

Thanks... I figured that bolt would have to go. V* seems to have set up Installs, Inc. to do the work. Sure wish I could just do it myself. I already have cable run for all three antennas and I'm pretty certain the LOS is good. I do pretty well with a D* HD200 and a Silver Sensor up on a beam in the attic. Do the installers typically mount the OTA antenna on the dish mast?

Thanks again,
Todd

Phone Line Input

Is there any reason to plug in the phone line to the back of the Voom Receiver?
My installer said i didn't need to, for any upgrades would be transmitted through the LNB

Connect of not, is it jus for Pay-per-View options?

Eastsider Voommie

tbhausen said:
Thanks... I figured that bolt would have to go. V* seems to have set up Installs, Inc. to do the work. Sure wish I could just do it myself. I already have cable run for all three antennas and I'm pretty certain the LOS is good. I do pretty well with a D* HD200 and a Silver Sensor up on a beam in the attic. Do the installers typically mount the OTA antenna on the dish mast?

Thanks again,
Todd

I hope i get your install sound like a easy on .LOL the antenna has like a 3 ft ba that comes of the back of dish and antenna will be about the voom dish

OK it's a guy named "Steve" from Installs, Inc. I talked to him today--sounded very heads-up--told him what I wanted to do and he advised to go to Skywalker and get the mast (I did...). I'll be on the roof at daybreak laying the ground work to make things go easy and fast. I'll advise how it went. Thanks to those who replied.

EDIT: Does VOOM use the Winegard Sensar II (GS2000A) and DS1000 mount?

Todd

tbhausen said:
OK it's a guy named "Steve" from Installs, Inc. I talked to him today--sounded very heads-up--told him what I wanted to do and he advised to go to Skywalker and get the mast (I did...). I'll be on the roof at daybreak laying the ground work to make things go easy and fast. I'll advise how it went. Thanks to those who replied.

EDIT: Does VOOM use the Winegard Sensar II (GS2000A) and DS1000 mount?

Todd

Steve will do you a good job. and yes winegard sensar II and ds 1000 mount

Done... I had the chimney right in the way for the OTA, so we stuck with the Silver Sensor in the attic. I got 12 locals w/ch59 a bit spotty. No ch4 or ch63, among a few others. Is this reasonable?

Also, SD feeds were a mess on my 720p projector with DVI (InFocus 7200) until we updated to the latest firmware.

TIA,
Todd

rickaren said:
Jeff:

The way I understand it Channel 6 must give up that 6-1 and move to the 25-1 at some future date. They are the same programing, but 6-1 may or may not be HD. Also there has been times when 8-4 had programing on it, but not now.

I did some flipping back and forth tonight while The Days was on, between 25-1 and 6-1. They both looked like they were being broadcast in HD, and I could not discern any difference in the picture quality between the two. But the receiver has no program guide information for 25-1.

Update: I'm in VOOM HEAVEN here... No dropouts, no billing problems, NONE of the horror stories related here. What a great move--I'm so glad I went VOOM and sure hope they make it!

Todd/Indianapolis

Ch 4/29

How do I go about adding another antenna and pointing it the other way to pick up ch4/29? I assume there is some sort of "reverse splicer" that you use to send the 2 antennas into one line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts