Indianapolis HD Locals on 129-5 ???

twat21

Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
Are the Indianapolis HD locals still on Conus 129 Trans 5? If so, do you know for how long? Thinking of a "move" and it looks like Indy HD's are the only ones still on conus.
Getting desperate!!!
Thanks
Tony

I believe they were moved there last week, however, they're still not available to subs.... just uplinked, not turned on. We're just sitting...and waiting....again...to see if they actually get turned on this time.:hungry:

I think they were tabled in there for some purpose but not made available. 129 is a spotbeam satellite and I cannot see E* wasting ConUS transponder space for a local market. They are scheduled to go up this month (as early as Wednesday).

I don't have any SAT HD locals in Indy, but I also don't have 129.

I get all my locals OTA.

I have SATs 119, 110, and 61.5. Am I missing anything on 129?

trans 5

I live outside of any spotbeam coverage from sat 129 and yesterday I checked my signal strengh and trans 5 is at 65 percent, any idea why ?

I don't have any SAT HD locals in Indy, but I also don't have 129.

I get all my locals OTA.

I have SATs 119, 110, and 61.5. Am I missing anything on 129?
You may be SOL like I am. You must have LOS (gee, that's weird) problems like I do. The only way I can get a bead on 129 is to put the Sat on a post more than 200 ft away. I was hoping that Indy would be Eastern Arc. I'm considering jumping ship for D* since their birds are higher in elevation and they have ALL Indy locals. E* is just going to get 6, 8, 13, and 59. I can barely get 4 with an antenna. So, I'm weighing the options. If it weren't for trees, I'd be fine.

couple days ago at the indy office we got the very leary word that march 11th will be the date also there are some engineers roaming indy as i speak....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts