Indianapolis HD Locals

pduncan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Anyone have a clue what the hold up is on these? Been "uplinked" for a long time. Feels almost like waiting on that rich uncle of mine to die..... the one I don't actually have.

I called AT&T yesterday and was told the same thing, but they would not guaranee anything. They told me there is a problem trying to get all three new markets going--Indianapolis, Raleigh NC, and Pittsburgh. Issues with the satellite whatever that means.

I am going to buy an outdoor antenna today to get the local high def channels. I have been with these folks on a few days and already have the feeling I should have gone with Direct, which has two locals in high def already.

I suppose at least one of the issues with the satellite is that we don't have dishes that can view that bird. I wish they would just move them to a different satellite and activate them already. If they want to move them back later they could mirror them while they get the dishes swapped out. It seems simple to me but maybe it isn't.

AT&TDishman said:
I called AT&T yesterday and was told the same thing, but they would not guaranee anything. They told me there is a problem trying to get all three new markets going--Indianapolis, Raleigh NC, and Pittsburgh. Issues with the satellite whatever that means.

I am going to buy an outdoor antenna today to get the local high def channels. I have been with these folks on a few days and already have the feeling I should have gone with Direct, which has two locals in high def already.

You didn't make any mistake, we all told you the OTA was the way to go for Local HD and you were going to get a inside or outside antenna. Why complain now. I also have D* and I can say for sure you would not be happy presently with them!

I have SD locals, but network stations in my area will NEVER offer an HD signal. I currently get the national CBS-HD feed because my local CBS affillate moved 90 miles out. Will I ever have any options on getting the other 3 networks in HD?

In large part, Indianapolis hd locals led my decision to lease two 622 receivers. And now 6 months later I am still watching the networks in standard definition. Where is the concern for the customers Dish always brags about?

In large part, Indianapolis hd locals led my decision to lease two 622 receivers. And now 6 months later I am still watching the networks in standard definition. Where is the concern for the customers Dish always brags about?

Don't see your location or why you can not receive OTA HD but many like myself don't really care that DISH adds Indianapolis Locals. I would think it is low on priority with DISH, too. A few years ago Indianapolis was rated one of the top Cities within the US to receive digital Locals OTA since they are all lined-up. Not many new customers will come to DISH when they do add them. Even DirecTV only has two Locals the last I checked, and that is with a MPEG4 receiver (I don't have and see no reason yet to have). With OTA HD so available and PQ so good even up here in Noblesville, I am even happier than most since I can record three Local HD channels at once and do on some nights(1 VIP 622 DVR & 2 on HR-10-250) Most would think that our present PQ OTA is better than anything that will come available from DISH. Time will tell.

Having HD without Local HD would really hurt the enjoyment and the investment!

Exactly, Scorp. I'm in Columbus, at the edge of OTA. According to AntennaWeb, I could only get 1-2 locals in HD OTA, and that is only after spending nearly $400 for the largest antenna with rotor and amps.

I ONLY watch football in HD, so I've been missing games!

Hey I'm in Spencer and checked those Antennaweb recommendations. I shouldn't get any Indy locals OTA. I hooked up an old beat up 8' antenna in the attic with a booster and
I'm getting Indy channels with signal strengths from 85 to 92. It might be worth a shot in Columbus, the OTA picture is great.

Thanks mnhutch, I'll give that a shot! Now I just need to find a family member that has Dish or Direct and only cares about SD so I can...borrow their antenna!

Thanks mnhutch, I'll give that a shot! Now I just need to find a family member that has Dish or Direct and only cares about SD so I can...borrow their antenna!

I'm in Columbus. Set up a CM4228 and preamp (4777 I think) outside about 25' up. Get all Indy HD locals at 75 or higher except ch. 23. The antenna does a great job. Sure one of the site sponsors sells the equipment.

Dont' try anything in an attic. Won't work this far from Indy.

I was just told that Indianapolis high def channels are coming either later this fall, later this winter, or early next spring along with local weather information, but may have to be delayed due to circumstances beyond their control until sometime in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)