Indians not on? I live in cleveland and have MLB Package!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

nitemare

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
oh
The Indians vs Reds game is not even on TV! I live in cleveland and its being played in cleveland. The local channel fox has the Yankees on! WTF??! I go the Channel 720 and it says "Check local listings' Cmon guys, this is just ridiculous, I cant even watch the home team play?

As far as MLBEI is concerned it's the blackout rule. If you don't have it on a local channel, I take it up with them, not EI.

But then again, maybe you already know this and are just venting. In that case, I'd say why would you want to watch an Indians game anyway?.....:D

Fox has exclusive rights during their 3 hour broadcast time on Saturday. Direct, EI, ex have nothing to do with it. It is an agreement solely between MLB and FOX

So, the indians are so pathetic that MLB blacked them out?? Man, I thought that rarely happens. Im not an indian fan, I just have Cueto on my fantasy team and wanted to see him pitch.. Jeez, they should have to broadcast every single MLB game no matter what. They have enough money as is.

Next wen. and the next weeks thur. games also will not be on ....
Take this up with your team and the MLB scheduling and local broadcast contract.

The fox window usually only goes to 7:00 pm, last night games starting at 7:10 pm weren't available. Thats new, I have had EI since 1995, And that has NEVER happened before.

it was a change for this year
SatelliteGuys.US - View Single Post - Fox Blackout revisions

3) On a Saturday when the first MLB game to be telecast by Fox starts at 7:10pm ET games that start at 4:10pm ET or earlier and 10:05pm ET or later will be included in the package. No games that begin between 4:10pm ET and 10:05pm ET will be included. This will be the case on 2 Saturdays this season (May 22 and June 26).

yea i kind of understand where he is coming from, he did not have his local team broadcast ( yes i understand it was not on anywhere) but like me my local team was on fox but i still could not get any other games that were on fox on MLBEI, they are games out of market for me so why should i not be able to get them.
Yes i understand the blackout rule but if they are games out of market (a game(s) that is not on fox in your local market)people should be able to get them.

Yes i understand the blackout rule but if they are games out of market (a game(s) that is not on fox in your local market)people should be able to get them.

That is what I agree with. So from what I saw on the commercial, Fox had 4 games last night regionally

We much like probably most of the country get force fed the Skankees/Mutts...why couldnt we see the other games on MLB EI if we had it?

There are just two Saturdays this year with the FOX window at 7pm eastern.

On the positive side, they opened the window before the 4pm eastern game, so we can now watch the 1pm Saturday games.

All-in-all, FOX and MLB made signifiacant improvements with blackouts this year.

The blame for yesturday falls on the Indians. They know the blackout times, and still chose to schedule the game for 7pm. That is why almost all action was 1pm. When the home team decides that, they full well know they are sacrificing broadcast righs that day. What sucks is it hits both teams. The Rays often do this with 6pm start times on Saturday.

yep Twins have a lot of 12:10 Central Saturday games this year
yesterday was 3:10 because they still were on EI...which brings up a question

game ran 5 hours yesterday until 8:00...2 hours into the Fox blackout window? Do they black it out at that time?

No, they only blackout based on start times. You get to watch the game to completion even if the window has started. Essentially game must start 3 hours before or after the blackout window.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)