Indoor antenna for Phoenix area

Butcha

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
Lennox, South Dakota
I did a search and the newest thread I could find was over two years old so I will start from scratch. I own a park model home in east Mesa, AZ and would like an amplified indoor antenna to use in my metal covered trailer that is 25 miles from South Mountain. I might be asking for a lot but, does anyone have any suggestions?

Butch

I did a search and the newest thread I could find was over two years old so I will start from scratch. I own a park model home in east Mesa, AZ and would like an amplified indoor antenna to use in my metal covered trailer that is 25 miles from South Mountain. I might be asking for a lot but, does anyone have any suggestions?

Butch

Butch,

I think you might be asking for too much. I was going to recommend a small outdoor UHF only antenna. That would work now but post transition you would lose KAET (PBS) and KSAZ (Fox) to VHF. I don't think you'll get much inside a metal clad building but it's worth a shot. Maybe someone could loan you an antenna to try out before you commit to one.

Tom

Aren't those PHX affiliates going to be VHF-Hi post-transition? I would think the Channel Master CM4228 would work very well at or above the roof line. I would not go in-home or in-attic.

These should work as well but are larger combo units (some are sub-$50):
Winegard HD 7080P
Winegard PR 7032
Winegard PR 7037
Winegard HD 7084P
Channel Master CM3677
Channel Master CM3018
Channel Master CM3016
Channel Master CM5646

Aren't those PHX affiliates going to be VHF-Hi post-transition?

Yes, that's what I said above. Two of the channels, PBS and Fox will be on VHF-Hi.

I would think the Channel Master CM4228 would work very well at or above the roof line. I would not go in-home or in-attic.

These should work as well but are larger combo units (some are sub-$50):
Winegard HD 7080P
Winegard PR 7032
Winegard PR 7037
Winegard HD 7084P
Channel Master CM3677
Channel Master CM3018
Channel Master CM3016
Channel Master CM5646

I like the new Winegard 769X series. These omit the VHF-Low end of the band for a slimmer antenna that looks nicer and catches less wind. I recently purchased a HD-7694P which is the smallest in the lineup. I really like it a lot for my OTA needs. I don't think Channel Master has a 7-69 product yet. I'm sure they'll introduce one soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)