Indoor vs. Outdoor Antenna

Slump Buster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
I just read through a whole bunch of posts but didn't really find what I was looking for. I live in the buffalo area (14072) and I'm moving two miles down the road. I know that Directv will include an outdoor OTA antenna if I ask for it for my move. My question is, do I want it? Fox comes in great (it is very close) but CBS, NBC and ABC come in ok... usually 70% to 75% but bad weather will usually knock me right out. I have a Terk indoor antenna... will an outdoor help me that much? Thanks in advance!

YES! Let them put it in. It's free, why not try it anyway? That said, especially if the dish is on your roof, the outdoor OTA antenna will almost always make a big difference. If it does not work out, you can always go back to the Terk.

Slump Buster said:
I just read through a whole bunch of posts but didn't really find what I was looking for. I live in the buffalo area (14072) and I'm moving two miles down the road. I know that Directv will include an outdoor OTA antenna if I ask for it for my move. My question is, do I want it? Fox comes in great (it is very close) but CBS, NBC and ABC come in ok... usually 70% to 75% but bad weather will usually knock me right out. I have a Terk indoor antenna... will an outdoor help me that much? Thanks in advance!
It has tp be better than the TERK

Ok, I'm a little lost now. The local hacks came out and tried two different antennas last weekend and then just left. As noted earlier, I was able to have a decent reception for ABC, NBC and CBS (I'm very close to the fox antenna). With their stuff, they couldn't even pull in a signal greater than 30% for any of them! So I made them come back this morning after verifying that I can still pull in all of the channels with my Terk, and I showed them the results. They then call their boss and he says to point it at one specific compass reading. This does no good and he says that is all they can do because that is where all of the broadcasts are. Huh? I can't find the link that I had before but I believe the dishes in the buffalo area are located in different spots.

What should I do? At first the manager had the installer tell me that my little $35 Terk might be better than the rooftop antenna and then when I insisted on talking with him he backed right off of that. Keep in mind that my Terk is almost directly underneath the outdoor antenna so it would have about the same path as the outdoor to pull in signals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts