Indy HD Locals? Sooner or later!?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rexorg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
North Central Indiana
Just called Technical Service. They have no clue about when Indy HD locals would be available and/or whether they would be on 118.7 or not. Last info they had was 2 weeks ago and were told to tell customers to watch Charlie Chat and/or check the E* website for any new info.

Rexorg said:
Just called Technical Service. They have no clue about when Indy HD locals would be available and/or whether they would be on 118.7 or not. Last info they had was 2 weeks ago and were told to tell customers to watch Charlie Chat and/or check the E* website for any new info.

Do you use an OTA for your locals now? I'm in LAfayette and can pull in the Indy stations on my OTA. You should get a decent mount of HD content from an OTA in Indy.

gross67 said:
Do you use an OTA for your locals now? I'm in LAfayette and can pull in the Indy stations on my OTA. You should get a decent mount of HD content from an OTA in Indy.

Yes, I use OTA, but cannot get PBS or Fox. Also, the other HD locals fade out a lot--very frustrating. That's why I am hoping the HD locals are coming soon. I spent a boatload of $$$ for the new receivers.

Rexorg said:
Yes, I use OTA, but cannot get PBS or Fox. Also, the other HD locals fade out a lot--very frustrating. That's why I am hoping the HD locals are coming soon. I spent a boatload of $$$ for the new receivers.

That's Odd. I'm up in Lafayette and I can pull in CBS and FOX. Could your antenna be "over shooting" the signal (FOX). I can't remember where PBS is coming from.

gross67 said:
That's Odd. I'm up in Lafayette and I can pull in CBS and FOX. Could your antenna be "over shooting" the signal (FOX). I can't remember where PBS is coming from.

I'm in Noblesville and receive ALL Locals in great HD picture quality. I presently receive Channel 4 from Windfield 29-1, but may even get WTTV 4 since they are going full power shortly. The issue will be even when DISH adds our Locals will the PQ be as good as the OTA, now. From what I have read it won't!

rickaren said:
I'm in Noblesville and receive ALL Locals in great HD picture quality. I presently receive Channel 4 from Windfield 29-1, but may even get WTTV 4 since they are going full power shortly. The issue will be even when DISH adds our Locals will the PQ be as good as the OTA, now. From what I have read it won't!

Yes, *when* the signal is there, the OTA PQ is Terrific. I'm going to up my antenna to a Wingard 71 element and should pull in FOX 59 and PBS much better than I do now. And perhaps 4 when they go full power.

I'm north of you guys in Monticello and have nothing OTA. Even though a local shop says he can put up an antannae, booster and rotor that will get them (for $750 :eek: ) I have serious doubts that would go smoothly. I really need these Indy HD LILs since the washed out SD locals that Dish has are terrible.

I made the mistake of calling Tech Support for the same reason about a week ago, and they know nothing about our locals. I knew more than they did, as I told they guy they had been uplinked to 118.7 and had channel numbers as well(in the 6300's, I believe). I'm thinking we'll see them SOMETIME next month, but don't ask me why, just a guess.:)

nazz said:
I'm north of you guys in Monticello and have nothing OTA. Even though a local shop says he can put up an antannae, booster and rotor that will get them (for $750 :eek: ) I have serious doubts that would go smoothly. I really need these Indy HD LILs since the washed out SD locals that Dish has are terrible.

You could do that yourself for $300 or less. $750 sounds quite high.

gross67 said:
You could do that yourself for $300 or less. $750 sounds quite high.

A good part of that is labor and involves climbing a high tower that I already have. That's not an option for me because I have a major fear of heights.:eek:

Answer to all my questions???

Dear Xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for your email. We anticipate launching HD locals in Indianapolis this summer. I apologize that an exact date has not been released at this time. You may check our web site at www.DISHNetwork.com for channel availability.

Thank you,

Natalie Winters

Executive Office of Dish Network

Email natalie.winters@echostar.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings,

I was wondering when I will be able to receive the Indianapolis HD Local channels. I heard Mr. Ergan say on Charlie Chat that it would be "Later this summer", but I have no idea when that is. I have been reading on various Dishnetwork user sites that the channels will be on a new satellite, 118.7, which my two Dish 500 dishes (110, and 119, and 61.5) will not be able to receive, or at least I assume they won't. Will I need a new dish? Will I have to pay for it and installation? I called Customer Service and was told they have no information, and I should watch Charlie Chat.

I updated my receivers to the Vip 622 and 411 in April in anticipation of receiving the new HD channels in HD and other mpeg4 programs. I subscribe to the Platinum HD package/locals.

Any information and/or clarification will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Update: I called AT&T/DISH yesterday. Still no clue what is going on with HD locals for Indy and much less than clueless as to need for dish upgrade. I am beginning to wonder what is going on. I sure am not going to pay anything to upgrade to 500+ or 1000+. I already paid almost $400 to get the mpeg4 receivers to be able to get Indy HD locals. :mad:

I for one will be very happy when this is finally rolled out. I am about an hour away and OTA comes in for a few of the stations but the signal fades in and out it really is difficult to watch. I can't even go to my kitchen without messing up the signal. I have seen several posts on these being on the 118 satellite and others saying that it's 119. Does anyone know for sure which it is? Cause if it's 118 we have to get the plus dishes which will probably delay us all getting these after the release day won't it. We'll have to setup upgrade installs with E*

Last edited:
They've been uplinked to the 118 sat, and all I hear is that that is where they will stay for the near future. Plus dishes will become a reality, lets just hope they don't charge us an upgrade fee to get the HD locals that we already pay for.(included at no charge with standard locals at least).

Looks like sometime in the spring has turned into "later this fall" now. I e-mailed DISH over a week ago about 500+ dish, but no response yet. Looks like they are going to take their sweet time rolling out the HD locals, not only in Indy, but all over the US. Maybe hoping for a buyout from D*?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts