Indy HD locals tomorrow

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I've been advised that HD locals finally come to Indy tomorrow on Dish Network. Unfortunately, I was also advised that only three of the four feeds will be offered as NBC is not part of the program. Assuming the information provided was not in error, once again, Dish manages to bungle things relative to its competition.
I was told only two would be lit up in March and the other two within three months. So, who knows? Time will tell I guess. Some peeps have been only waiting since May of 2006 for them; so what's a few more months or years!?

They are indeed live, but there is no channel 13 as stated in this thread. That sucks. As long as they get it turned on by the start of football season, so I can watch Sunday Night Football in HD I will be happy. At least I can watch basketball in HD on ABC.

They are indeed live, but there is no channel 13 as stated in this thread. That sucks. As long as they get it turned on by the start of football season, so I can watch Sunday Night Football in HD I will be happy. At least I can watch basketball in HD on ABC.

How do they look?

Honestly, I'm not that impressed, but maybe it's because only soaps are on right now. The SD versions look like crap and they do look better than those. It seems like ABC looks the best. The black bars still on the sides is annoying though or does that mean the stuff isn't in HD?

Hopefully a technical issue. I was looking forward to My Name Is Earl in HD, but that's the only show I watch on there except Sunday Night Football. So, if it can get turned on by September I will be happy.

I wonder if channel 13 is a technical issue or a contract issue?
My guess is technical. Also saw WTTV uplinked. But that might be a while since the digital delay and freeing up the WXIN tower. Regardless, my goose is cooked. No way no how I can get 129 on my property. So my quandary is: Stay with Dish and get a 722k which they said they would do. Or, go to Direct, with whom I have install scheduled in two weeks and save about $400.00 for a year. This has been a TOUGH decision. It's the Dish equipment I don't want to loose, but...

Alright, then that would explain why I'm not impressed. None of it is in HD, but it does look better than the SD versions. I wish I could change my timers to the HD stations, but the guide isn't showing any info for the HD stations. I'm not trying to mess with manual timers.

Since my current setup is 110/119 and a wing at 61.5, can I simply swing 61.5 to see 129, or is it more complicated than that? Would I lose any channels that way? C.S. is useless....

Since my current setup is 110/119 and a wing at 61.5, can I simply swing 61.5 to see 129, or is it more complicated than that? Would I lose any channels that way? C.S. is useless....
The reason you have a 61.5 is probably because you have LOS problems, as do I. Sat 129 fairly low to the horizon. Don't touch it the 61.5 dish and get it out of alignment. We're up the creek.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts