Indy HD Locals

DaveyBoy26

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
Indianapolis
Does anyone know when Indianapolis locals will be uplinked? On the May 8th tech forum they said Indy would be up mid-month, which obviously didn't happen. So I just wondered if anyone has heard an extended timetable?

David

Indy is among the 5 or so HD locals that will be on 118.75. Dish is still working on it. Hopefully they will offer you guys free dish upgrades to the 500+ or 1000+ dish needed to receive 118.75.

This thread seems like a good place to ask this. Is there any advantage(s) to those of us getting put on that bird?

Any extra channels, extra signal strength or anything other than the disadvantage of needing a dish swap?

I just bought a Dish 1000 system a couple of months ago, and already need to replace it......it should DEFINITELY be of no cost to 1000 customers.

David

Looks like Indy locals were uplinked on the 31st to the 119 sat.......I'm guessing they won't stay there, but I'm glad to here they have been uplinked.

David

DaveyBoy26 said:
Looks like Indy locals were uplinked on the 31st to the 119 sat.......I'm guessing they won't stay there, but I'm glad to here they have been uplinked.

David

This is the first I have seen about Indy appearing on 119. Everything I have heard was 118.7. If this is true, is there hope for us possibly not needing a new dish after all?
pray.gif

DaveyBoy26 said:
nazz, go to the "St. Louis HD Locals" thread in this forum and click on the link that 'Poke' provides and see for yourself.:)

David

Are they using 119k to signify 118.75 though?

Anything new on the Indy HD locals? I see they were uplinked but nothing on when they will be available. How long does it typically take from the time they are uplinked to be active for subscribers? And why would they put these channels on a dish that no body in this area has access to and would require numerous dish upgrades? That doesn't make any sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)