Info button

akaRadar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 17, 2003
After the 269 update when I press the 'Info' button the information on the screen only stays on for 3 or 4 seconds then goes away. Before, I think you had to press 'Info' again or 'cancel' to remove the information screen. Now I have trouble reading that screen most of the time. Anyone else have trouble with this?

Mines not doing that, I wish it was as I have to push it 3 times. First push gives me a transparent info screen, second push is solid white background and the third turns it off. I wonder if there is an option in one of the menus?

sprite1741 said:
Mines not doing that, I wish it was as I have to push it 3 times. First push gives me a transparent info screen, second push is solid white background and the third turns it off. I wonder if there is an option in one of the menus?

It would be OK if it stayed on screen longer, but now I have to keep pushing the info button several times to read the description.
Thanks for the replies.

One thing it does is one press of info gives you the transparent screen, then two or three seconds later it goes away, then if you press info again it gives you the solid screen, but it only stays up for three or four seconds. Before the transparent screen stayed up longer, but if it went off another press of info would give you the transparent screen again. Good idea, but they could give us a few more seconds, at least with the solid screen.

Mine now does the same thing, which it didn't do before 269.

Also, if you are watching something and "Browse" and find something you want more info on, and push the "Info" button, it goes away to soon 3-4 seconds. It has always done that even before 269 and still does.

My info box won't go away without hitting the button again to turn it off. It's always been this way, more proof there are different versions of the 811's out there. I had the tranparent screen up for over a minute and it was still up. I left the solid white background up even longer. I searched through some menus but couldn't find anything related to this function, must be in the firmware or hardware.

I figured out if my receiver is 'locked' the info display only stays on 3 or 4 seconds. If the receiver is 'unlocked' the info display stays on until you press the info button 2 more times, or press cancel, like it used to be. I don't know what being locked has to do with this function :confused:

That could very well be the case because my system is locked but I was playing with the locks last night and noticed it stayed up once in a while.

Another weird thing is I was able to get to a different screen last night when looking at PPV movies. I was actually able to watch the movie with a transparent box on the bottom asking to buy it YES - CANCEL - NO. Even if I clicked NO, the box just went away and I was still able to watch the movie.

Was too busy to let it sit there and see how long it lasts, but I tried it on 3-4 different movies and it let me watch all of them without paying.

That is normal, you get to see the first 5 minutes of PPV movies to decide if you want to buy it. Altho most movies are rather boring in the first five.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)