Info for those who lost OTA w/updates

jelively

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
For those who lost OTA after 4.01 through 4.03 updates... it is being worked by the Dish folks in the beta group. Just wanted to give an update for all:

I had perfect OTA until I received 4.01 as part of the beta test. None of the suggestions posted on this forum and the other one did any good. I communicated this to the beta group and received correspondence from them.

After 4.03 didn't fix my OTA I communicated again to the beta group...received correspondence from them that 4.03 was not going to fix this particular problem and they were working debug software.

I was part of TOA1 update which was used to log OTA scan actions, etc...

Now I'm being sent a "specially formatted" USB drive to get my logs from the TOA1 routines I was asked to run.

Jim

It would be so much easier if they just turned on the Ethernet connection so they could download the logs when they need them then by sending a USB drive to collect the data.

Scott, they have already ability to send out logs thru phone line.
Perhaps this time they don't want to hog customers line for hours with the lenghtly files.

Scott, they have already ability to send out logs thru phone line.
Perhaps this time they don't want to hog customers line for hours with the lenghtly files.

Nope it doesn't. I sent back special formatted USB drive also, and I asked them why not upload the logs via phone line. They said it'll not give the info needed.

Let's all start chanting: Ethernet! Ethernet!

Ah- I'd rather have external storage now anyway.

It would be so much easier if they just turned on the Ethernet connection so they could download the logs when they need them then by sending a USB drive to collect the data.

Agree, sure would be easier.

Received the FedEx of the USB...will be running log download routine and sending it back shortly.

Jim

I got a phone call from Dish asking me the exact version I had of L4.03. I gave him the info and he said they knew what the problem was and expected a "fix" by next week.
We shall see.
I almost didnt answer the phone because the caller ID said out of area/unavailable.

Jim, what about post just dir printout from it ?

Instructions warned specifically about putting in any other USB device...so I just ran automatic routine and package it up for FedEx pickup tomorrow. :(

Jim

I got a phone call from Dish asking me the exact version I had of L4.03. I gave him the info and he said they knew what the problem was and expected a "fix" by next week.
We shall see.
I almost didnt answer the phone because the caller ID said out of area/unavailable.

I got the same phone call that SatelliteGAL got asking for the same info. He also wanted a detailed description about the OTA problems I was experiencing. He said that they are working hard, but at the same time, they are confused because he said people shouldn't be having these problems. We'll see how soon it gets fixed. He was apologetic, but didn't seem confident in a quick fix.

OTA Loss

Lost mine last week after receiving 4.03, called Dish and they shipped me a new 622which arrived today and all is well again....signal strength has drastically improved as well.

I got the same phone call that SatelliteGAL got asking for the same info. He also wanted a detailed description about the OTA problems I was experiencing. He said that they are working hard, but at the same time, they are confused because he said people shouldn't be having these problems. We'll see how soon it gets fixed. He was apologetic, but didn't seem confident in a quick fix.

See! I knew his story about them knowing the problem and having it fixed by next week was too good to be true! My problem was simple.... my OTA is gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)