Info, Timers Screwed up

TerryK

Supporting Founder
Original poster
May 17, 2004
Wichita Falls, TX
I have run into a new problem for me on the 622. No info available on the guide, which has happened before on other receivers, and timers are misfiring. Programs I have not created timers for are recording and programs that were scheduled to record did not. I assume that the guide info and timers are all involved in timer/schedule system. However, I guess my question is if anyone else is having a problem like this tonight with their 622 or is my unit stroking out on me.

I have already done both a power button reboot and a pull the plug reboot with no change. I was hoping to force a guide download.

I will probably have to call Tech Support but thought I would check here first for any info on this. Thanks!
Terry

Not much into Dish equipment, but I always hear it suggested to do a check switch when guide data is messed up, I assume this causes it to reload guide data.

Check switch seemed to work. Guide is back to normal and schedule seems to be back to normal now too. Weird, I have never had to check the switch so many times as I have since L401 software download. Everything else seems to work fairly well except it is also slower to change channels now too. Oh well I am getting off topic and my unit seems to be back to some semblance of normal so will worry about other little things when I don't have anything else to worry about. Thanks for the help guys, take care!

A reboot doesn't force a guide download, does it ?? It know it will do a satellite reacquire but don't recall seeing a guide update. Now if you turn it off for long enough (half hour, hour ??), that can do it (or so I've read).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)