Informal survey: how many of you use a Hopper w/Sling with a Roku box to supplement it?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I had a Roku since I was a cord cutter, now I'm an Internet Video cord cutter unless its through the Hopper so the Roku just sits there.

Because the crap on Pay TV is way better than the crap on those internet channels. Plus I love Dish's equipment, its like toys for me.

While I agree that I couldn't become a "cord cutter" because of the lack of live sports and the newest TV shows, I have read many articles about people who are going with Roku/Apple TV only. My brother (age 25) is one of them. Seems like most of the people doing this are under 35. I'm 34 but I grew up with satellite and I couldn't really imagine living without it. Does the younger generation not care about live sports and up-to-date TV shows? I just don't get how there can be "millions" of cord cutters out there. They'd have to be people who only watch an occasional movie on Netflix or Amazon Prime, right? I just don't get it.

Gave the roku to my sister. My Vizio has built in Netflix so I just switch between that and dish.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

While I agree that I couldn't become a "cord cutter" because of the lack of live sports and the newest TV shows, I have read many articles about people who are going with Roku/Apple TV only. My brother (age 25) is one of them. Seems like most of the people doing this are under 35. I'm 34 but I grew up with satellite and I couldn't really imagine living without it. Does the younger generation not care about live sports and up-to-date TV shows? I just don't get how there can be "millions" of cord cutters out there. They'd have to be people who only watch an occasional movie on Netflix or Amazon Prime, right? I just don't get it.

People are busier than they've ever been now days. Everyone always seems to be busy with some kind of activities about every day it seems like.

People are busier than they've ever been now days. Everyone always seems to be busy with some kind of activities about every day it seems like.

I guess this makes sense. If you don't have time to watch TV, then it doesn't matter the manner of delivery, it's just another bill to pay (or not pay).

I guess this makes sense. If you don't have time to watch TV, then it doesn't matter the manner of delivery, it's just another bill to pay (or not pay).

I'm 30 but I'm not like the cord cutter at all. I do have friends that are that way though. The one friend is constantly complaining about not being able to watch sports though.

I'm 30 but I'm not like the cord cutter at all. I do have friends that are that way though. The one friend is constantly complaining about not being able to watch sports though.

Yeah, there is no way I could go without satellite in October. I'd miss the playoff baseball season, which I understand is not available domestically through MLB.TV even if you have a subscription to that.

College Football, NFL, NHL and playoff Baseball!?!?! I think I prove my point.

There are also a lot of first-run TV shows on satellite that won't be available on Hulu for awhile. I watch American Pickers, Hotel Impossible, Undercover Boss. None of that is available for streaming, that I could find.

You would also have tons of people sharing their accounts outside their homes like many people do with Netflix, HBO Go, MLB.tv, and just about every other streaming service today. I use my parents Dish account for HBO Go and they use my Netflix and MLB.tv accounts on their Roku. If I could get Netflix quality audio and sound on all my regular Dish channels from my parents account through a Roku my Dish account would be canceled immediately. I'm sure Dish knows many people would do this and they don't want to make it that easy.

Well that is a problem with *pure* streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, etc.) with Dish it wont be a problem because AFAIK a tuner will be locked to each user. The only problem is that you could replace Joeys with Rokus but that would be horribly inefficient and picture quality wont be as good.