Status
Please reply by conversation.

Keystone7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 17, 2009
North Indiana
Hello Everyone,

I thought I would just put this information out. My system consist of a 180' cable run of RG6 (3GHz). I use the equipment listed below within my signature. I also use connector (canon) between the 180' run. I tried to tweak my system at the AMC9 83w. I tried a Spitfire 0.1dB Universal LNB but did not have as good as results like the present lnb. I also purchased a JVI Inline Amplifier form Sadoun (Gold Sponsor). To my surprise, it helps my system. In the daytime, I get AMC9 83w at S95/Q65. I placed the Amp right at the dish from the lnb , then to the motor. Tonight I will check again and hope to have better Quality. I was able to pick up the inline at a bargain price of $4.00. S/H was $5.97. Only spent $9.97 total. So there you have it.

Keystone

interesting, glad you found a solution. What is a "canon" connector--do you mean you have two pieces of coax connected together with a barrel connector?

interesting, glad you found a solution. What is a "canon" connector--do you mean you have two pieces of coax connected together with a barrel connector?

Turbosat,

Sorry, I did mean barrel connector! I'll be checking the S/Q within the half hour. I'm hoping for good results.

Turbosat,

Sorry, I did mean barrel connector! I'll be checking the S/Q within the half hour. I'm hoping for good results. Is the NASA on Ku or C-Band?

Sounds good. I haven't gone past about 125' of coax here, but I'd think you wouldn't need any amplifier if you have good cable and compression connectors. I'll have to try connecting up about 200' sometimes and see what happens, I know RTN is notoriously weak at times.

Sounds good. I haven't gone past about 125' of coax here, but I'd think you wouldn't need any amplifier if you have good cable and compression connectors. I'll have to try connecting up about 200' sometimes and see what happens, I know RTN is notoriously weak at times.

Before I started to tweak my system, I was getting about S55-60/Q35-45. I now lke my readings. Now, I hope to keep it that way!

It makes perfect sense that a decent inline amp next to the dish could help on a long cable run. Some receivers do better with more level coming in.

Hello Everyone,

I thought I would just put this information out. My system consist of a 180' cable run of RG6 (3GHz). I use the equipment listed below within my signature. I also use connector (canon) between the 180' run. I tried to tweak my system at the AMC9 83w. I tried a Spitfire 0.1dB Universal LNB but did not have as good as results like the present lnb. I also purchased a JVI Inline Amplifier form Sadoun (Gold Sponsor). To my surprise, it helps my system. In the daytime, I get AMC9 83w at S95/Q65. I placed the Amp right at the dish from the lnb , then to the motor. Tonight I will check again and hope to have better Quality. I was able to pick up the inline at a bargain price of $4.00. S/H was $5.97. Only spent $9.97 total. So there you have it.

Keystone
i question do you have to shout?sorry it just looks that whey ,lol.;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)