INHD Dead issue??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
Looks like INHD has a lot of MLB games on their schedule this year. I don't know the backround facts of this one. Is there some reason that D* can't get INHD. Is this one of those cable vs SAT fights?

I think it has to do with the way INHD wants to charge DirecTV for the channels. INHD, which is owned by a number of cable companies, if I remember correctly, is charging per digital customer. On cable systems the HD customers are a digital customer. INHD is not charging cable companies for customers who don't have the digital package. On DirecTV 100% of the customers are digital, even though only a small percentage are HD subscribers, so it costs DirecTV a lot more to offer INHD. I believe DirecTV is in the courts now to get this changed so they are only charged for the actual number of HD subscribers and not every subscriber.

I believe VOOM DBS also took the INHD matter to the FCC prior to their going out of business. It's a shame the rules regarding cable TV carriage (especially when it comes to regional sports channels) have not been updated to prevent these ongoing shenanigans.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)