INHD Imminent for DISH Network: SatelliteGuys in the Blog

So, what's so special about INHD? What type of programming is there? Just kind of curious because everyone seems to be making such a big deal about it. Also, Food HD looks exceptionally good on my 50" Philips as well as NBC games. I guess my eyes are that bad that everything looks good in HD!

Not being overly sensitive to seeing digital artifacts is a great blessing for an E* subscriber.

Sort of like the people who can't see rainbows on a DLP set. Although some of the fools look so hard for them that they train themselves to see them.

shodobe said:
So, what's so special about INHD? What type of programming is there? Just kind of curious because everyone seems to be making such a big deal about it.

The last time I looked, it seemed to be a sort of general-interest channel like HDnet, but with completely different programming of course.

I went to the INHD web site. It has some interesting programing. I especially like the extra games a week in HD as well as the movies. This could be a nice addition to the HD programing we already have.

shodobe said:
So, what's so special about INHD? What type of programming is there? Just kind of curious because everyone seems to be making such a big deal about it. Also, Food HD looks exceptionally good on my 50" Philips as well as NBC games. I guess my eyes are that bad that everything looks good in HD!
"3 MLB Games a week in 1080i and 5.1" - http://www.inhd.com/item.jsp?item=1

Ok - Enough! It's Wednesday!

Ok!! Enough already!! It's Wednesday!!

Where's the fantastical new HD stuff?????????????

Huh? Huh? Huh?

Come on Charlie - get it in gear!

---Doug

shodobe said:
So, what's so special about INHD? What type of programming is there? Just kind of curious because everyone seems to be making such a big deal about it. ...
The IMAX stuff really pops. It has been on INHD2 but with INHD absorbing INHD2 expect to see anything INHD2 had worth seeing.

Also everyone makes a big deal about any HD addition. And with DISH it has been happening alot. :D

Nothing yet, which is kind of surprising to me. I just posted the uplink activity which has taken place a little while ago but no IN HD and no RSN's HD.

The reason I am surprised is because its CEDIA and you think they would have everything lit up (unless they are using engineering boxes at CEDIA which is possible, if I remember correctly they did the same with some of the VOOM channels at one of the other shows)

Cyclone said:
Biggest corporate turnaround in history? I'm not a business historian, but I'd bet there are greater turnarounds than this.

Heck, Dish was never that bad as far as HD was concerned. Sure Voom had its time in the sun, but look where it got them. Dish has always been on par or slightly ahead of D* and most Cable providers.
Dish is not ahead of D* by subscriber numbers and it has often lagged in adding channels. Additionally, Echostar equipment has often been bug-laden.

I think the author of the turnaround statement felt that, with most of equipment bugs behind them and now in the lead in HD channels and apparently ready to widen their lead, they may win new subscribers. When (if) they surpass D* in the number of subscribers, this will definitely be the beginning of a potential turnaround...

Poke said:
Either way DISH ROCKS!

Yeah....they are awesome.....I'm watching it right now.....SIKE!! Glad it launched when everyone said it would, someone's obviously jerking someone's chain.:D :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)