Inhd2

cmslick3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 9, 2004
Chicago area
What's the deal with the INHD2 channel?? Every time I want to see something that is supposed to be on, according the the ALWAYS WRONG guide, the stupid special event screen is on there... Why are we paying 5 extra bucks for HD channels when one of them is almost always showing NOTHING.??? Arrrggh.!!!

Does this bother anyone else or are you just bewildered enough to not care??

On our systems that sounds like you are tuning to HDSE channel. There is another channel for INHD2.

They seem to use this channel when INHD1 is showing a sports event that is blacked out, then they will show a movie on the HDSE channel.

-John

Guide is off tonight!

No problems with INHD here, but the guide is off for TNTHD and TNT tonight. Despite the fact that there is an NBA playoff game the guide shows multiple "Law and Order Episodes". It missed the movie that was on before as well. Is this common with Comcast? Unrelated PS.....I am getting more and more impressed with Comcast Internet speed even on weekend evenings (giving about 3.8 to 4mbps/372kbps!
Wayne

INHD guide is fine here in Florida, but I have seen errors with TNTHD all week. Wrong movies listed, and teh NBA playoff game.

So how does that affect recording then?? If I want to record something and the guid has it wrong, will it not record?? Another situation, if you have series recording set up and say the president pre-emps the show. Will it just record the president or is it smart enough to wait until the show actually starts?

If the guide is wrong it will not record. In regards to the pre-empt, it depends on the adnvanced notice. My HD DVR from Comcast, and my Tivo D* boxes all recorded the President's speech, but the reordings reflected the name of the shows I have Season Passes for. Even my TV had the episode names, and not the pre-empt. The last time it occured it was on short notice.

When shows are pre-empted, they play them the following week, so you are not really missing anything. I just delete the those episodes accordingly.

I live in southern New Jersey and for some of the Yankee games INHD2 patches in the YESHD feed. So the guide says something else should be on but the Yankee's game is really on.