INHD2 black tonight

RemyM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
Stamford, CT
I guess CV is at their bandwith max as they are pulling a Direct TV move tonight. INHD2 has been shut down for the night because of the HD PPV boxing on 792. I never saw them have to resort to this before, and there was HD PPV boxing last Saturday. I guess this is because the Nets are in HD on YES tonight so 715 had to be turned on.

I was just going to post this same topic. So much for being able to carry hundreds of HD channels. I really hope they are not planning on switched video for HD.

I thought Tom Rutledge said they have plenty of bandwidth on Wednesday's conference call. His BS needs to stop in all honesty, just makes him look like an ass and Verizon's FIOS TV an even better product from an HD enthusiast standpoint.

You mean to tell me they are so maxed out in bandwith that they cannot even carry one extra HD channel ? That is just ridiculous. I guess we will not be getting any new HD channels for a while.

We can get plenty of new channels if they switch more analog ones to digital. Otherwise the only other way would be to use switched digital video.

Switched Digital Video allows CV to not always have the channels transmitting from the headend onto the system. Only when a cable box is tuned to a channel does the channel transmit on the system so bandwidth is saved. Currently, all channels are always transmitted on the system, except the international channels which use SDV. I was talking to a tech yesterday fixing an issue with my folks place he said SDV stinks and they had huge issues in the Hempstead headend due to the channels being transmitted in the FM band, around 97-98 Mhz. A lot of interference due to it not being transmitted in another frequency band.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)