Insane 1,410-Ft Par 3 Must Be Seen to be Believed

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
That’s the green of the “19th hole” at the Legends Golf & Safari Resort in South Africa. Sure, a green in the shape of a continent is pretty cool, but it’s hardly amazing. Oh, but did we mention it’s over 1/4 of a mile (1,410 feet) below the tee? And that you need a helicopter to get to the tee and back? Because that’s a pretty important detail.

Here's footage of Padraig Harrington and Raphael Jacquelin playing the hole I’ll just say this: Padraig, you are the man! :eek:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3_W_JryhR0"]Padraig's 1,410 foot par three![/ame]

That’s the green of the “19th hole” at the Legends Golf & Safari Resort in South Africa. Sure, a green in the shape of a continent is pretty cool, but it’s hardly amazing. Oh, but did we mention it’s over 1/4 of a mile (1,410 feet) below the tee? And that you need a helicopter to get to the tee and back? Because that’s a pretty important detail.

Here's footage of Padraig Harrington and Raphael Jacquelin playing the hole I’ll just say this: Padraig, you are the man! :eek:

Padraig's 1,410 foot par three!

I saw this a couple of days ago and I thought it was seriously cool. HOW do you keep track of the flight of the ball when it is almost 1500 away?! I can't see past 200 yards...LOL!

It would be a nice helicopter ride, and that's it. I might as well hit a "shag" ball. I miss as many par 3's as I hit, at a distance I can actually see. This is the definition of "overkill". I wonder, how many shots did they hit until they actually hit the green?

What does a round golf cost there?

$220 USD

Included in this round is a 19th hole helicopter ride, plus a bunch of souvenir and a DVD of your shot.

They even say that if for some odd 1 in a billion chance you manage to get a hole in one on the 19th, you win a cool $1 million and right to call yourself the most Xtreme golfer in the world.

I would like to play that hole. I would be scared you know whatless in the helicopter ride though. I am scared of heights.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)