Insight and ClearQAM

smiley2billion

Original poster
Jan 29, 2007
Hello everyone,

I was looking for a list of available ClearQAM channels that insight offers.

I can pick up most local channels in HD already with my Sony Bravia already by using its built in autoprogram feature.

The reason I'm asking is that Insight seems to be moving channels around.

I called the customer service line and the lady there (although very polite) had no idea what I was even talking about, even said that what I'm seeing is being picked up by rabbit ears, etc. Obviously this isn't the case.

I suppose Insight is still toying around with their ClearQAM channels as I can't find this as an advertised feature anywhere. I've noticed that my digital TV tuner on my PC can pick up different channels, some of them blank, than my TV.

Has anyone else experimented with this?

Hello everyone,

I was looking for a list of available ClearQAM channels that insight offers.

I can pick up most local channels in HD already with my Sony Bravia already by using its built in autoprogram feature.

The reason I'm asking is that Insight seems to be moving channels around.

I called the customer service line and the lady there (although very polite) had no idea what I was even talking about, even said that what I'm seeing is being picked up by rabbit ears, etc. Obviously this isn't the case.

I suppose Insight is still toying around with their ClearQAM channels as I can't find this as an advertised feature anywhere. I've noticed that my digital TV tuner on my PC can pick up different channels, some of them blank, than my TV.

Has anyone else experimented with this?

I am in Evansville all we get are the local station via QAM.

Just an update on this.

Insight is apparently still toying around with ClearQAM because there's still a ever changing lineup for what you can get.

Recently they've started mixing the QAM channels right in the regular lineup, like you might have had channel 13 on analog before, but now you can pick up 13.1, 13.2, 13.4, etc. I'm fairly certain this lines up with the local broadcast digital channels but they're still adding in other channels in HD and SD higher up in the lineup. I also noticed that when they had an HBO free weekend I could pick up that digital signal after doing another scan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)