Insight Evansville,In got BTN

Just saw where the KY channels and Ohio channels are getting BTN as well.

IIRC, no HD, as BTN is being added to the "digital" tier of programming.

Is BTN even offering HD? I haven't read of it, if they do. Hope so as I like to follow BTN more than SEC, in addition to my alma maters (UL & GaTech.)

Just saw where the KY channels and Ohio channels are getting BTN as well.

IIRC, no HD, as BTN is being added to the "digital" tier of programming.

Is BTN even offering HD? I haven't read of it, if they do. Hope so as I like to follow BTN more than SEC, in addition to my alma maters (UL & GaTech.)

two games sat.
CFB Bowling Green Falcons vs. Minnesota Golden Gophers (Regional) 8:00 PM BigTen Network (1080i)
CFB Indiana State Sycamores vs. Indiana Hoosiers (Regional) 8:00 PM BigTen Network (1080i)

you guys beat me to it. my email from big ten network last night informed me they had signed a deal with your cable company earlier yesterday. can't tell you anything beyond that.

two games sat.
CFB Bowling Green Falcons vs. Minnesota Golden Gophers (Regional) 8:00 PM BigTen Network (1080i)
CFB Indiana State Sycamores vs. Indiana Hoosiers (Regional) 8:00 PM BigTen Network (1080i)

My local insight office emailed me we WILL get some HD games not this first week just not enough time to get all set.

Well thats a surprise we shall see if they come thru with HD.

My local insight office emailed me we WILL get some HD games not this first week just not enough time to get all set.

Well thats a surprise we shall see if they come thru with HD.

They added BTN here last Thursday night as a basic channel on a preview basis, but will be on digital tier on long term. Called to see if they are going to carry any games in HD and was told no HD for foreseeable future of BTN.

Was asking the head of their tech support about any new HD on the horizon and he said none would be added until well after the split off of Comcast.

As soon as D* adds their channels for all to see, am taking Insight hardware back to them, as they brought 3 DVRs last week to get one that would work. :(

They added BTN here last Thursday night as a basic channel on a preview basis, but will be on digital tier on long term. Called to see if they are going to carry any games in HD and was told no HD for foreseeable future of BTN.

Was asking the head of their tech support about any new HD on the horizon and he said none would be added until well after the split off of Comcast.

As soon as D* adds their channels for all to see, am taking Insight hardware back to them, as they brought 3 DVRs last week to get one that would work. :(

I think only two insight cities it is and will stay on basic tier thats here Evansville and not sure if other was Columbus

Well as I am sure most of you all know. Today Insight launched NFL network in HD. Around end of month they are adding TBS in Hd. According to my sources next upgrade to take place before or around End of year. Should see TBS, Animal Planet, Discovery (Same programming as Normal Channel, TLC, and National Geographic. Also As of now there is NO plans to add CNN HD, Starz HD, Cinemax HD, or Logo to the channel lineup.

Well as I am sure most of you all know. Today Insight launched NFL network in HD. Around end of month they are adding TBS in Hd. According to my sources next upgrade to take place before or around End of year. Should see TBS, Animal Planet, Discovery (Same programming as Normal Channel, TLC, and National Geographic. Also As of now there is NO plans to add CNN HD, Starz HD, Cinemax HD, or Logo to the channel lineup.

WOW thanks for this info if all is right that is great great news and i am sure I will leave dish if all thos are added.

I am not paying dish more and for me to get Nat Geo and Animal in HD I have to move up a pkg or two.

The new channels confirmed on Insights website we get them Dec 4th plus HD on demand what ever that is.

Great news and I am leaving Dish.

Last edited:
I live in Illinois thats going to comcast. I have been dying for some new hd and now Insight adds them. Comcast will probably take years to upgrade us. Plus I wanted Boomerang and that is being added.

I live in Illinois thats going to comcast. I have been dying for some new hd and now Insight adds them. Comcast will probably take years to upgrade us. Plus I wanted Boomerang and that is being added.

That's not the worse part - most likely, you'll be LOOSING HD Net & HD Movies (assuming you have them now)... :eek: ;)

Hey Man no problems Thats why I am here now :-D When you switch back to Cable Let me know and if you need any help I will help ya. Here is the info for the Evansville, Ind. Area but from a glance should be exactly same info as your area.

So counting ones Currently in Evansville Area (Again should be your same lineup in your area) On Dec. 4th Hd lineup will be as follows

• HD on Demand
  • ABC HD
  • CBS HD
  • FOX HD
  • NBC HD
  • PBS HD
  • ESPN HD
  • ESPN2 HD
  • NFL Network HD
  • TBS HD
  • Animal Planet HD
  • TLC HD
  • National Geographic HD
  • TNT in HD
  • MHD (MTV’s HD channel)
  • Special Events in HD (where available)
  • HBO HD (requires subscription to HBO)
  • Showtime HD (requires subscription to Showtime)
  • Universal HD (Part of HD Pack)
  • HDNet (Part of HD Pack)
  • HDNet Movies (Part of HD Pack)
  • HD Theater(Part of HD Pack)

Hey Man no problems Thats why I am here now :-D When you switch back to Cable Let me know and if you need any help I will help ya. Here is the info for the Evansville, Ind. Area but from a glance should be exactly same info as your area.

So counting ones Currently in Evansville Area (Again should be your same lineup in your area) On Dec. 4th Hd lineup will be as follows

• HD on Demand
  • ABC HD
  • CBS HD
  • FOX HD
  • NBC HD
  • PBS HD
  • ESPN HD
  • ESPN2 HD
  • NFL Network HD
  • TBS HD
  • Animal Planet HD
  • TLC HD
  • National Geographic HD
  • TNT in HD
  • MHD (MTV’s HD channel)
  • Special Events in HD (where available)
  • HBO HD (requires subscription to HBO)
  • Showtime HD (requires subscription to Showtime)
  • Universal HD (Part of HD Pack)
  • HDNet (Part of HD Pack)
  • HDNet Movies (Part of HD Pack)
  • HD Theater(Part of HD Pack)
what model HDDVR is insight using is it same exact unit as earlier this year?

They are currently using the Motorola DCH6416 Hd Dual Tuner

Features:
Dual Tuner
160 Gb Hdd
Dolby Digital Support
Hdmi
PiP
Etc...

If you want/ need set up info or photos of unit let me know.

Thanks ,a friend said PIP is disabled is that true?
I will know in about 13 hours when Insight brings mine
Thanks for info.\

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)