Insignia BD Player at BBuy for $349

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Bet they'll do $299 on sale in the near future, holiday season at the latest.

Good news to get these players cheaper and accessible.

I also think this is the exact Funai-built player everyone is talking about that is already being marketed with the Magnavox name plate (mod# NB500MG9) at Wal-Mart for $298 or less; so it might be a bit cheaper to get that one as your low cost player IMHO.

FUNAI USA | FUNAI CORPORATION, INC.

Attachments

• 0507081303wa1.jpg
    0507081303wa1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 232
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the Funai player like the magnavox... Looks the same, just a couple cosmetic changes on badging. Remote is the same layout, just slimmer. The pricing seems to fit BB insignia pricing methods.

Went back to look at this unit again, then noticed this on the BB specs
Built-in decoders for next-generation Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD high-resolution surround, plus lossless Dolby TrueHD (2-channel)

Interesting being that it is basically the same box by funai. Doesn't really justify the extra money to me if you aren't gonna do more than 2 channel TrueHD and do DTS MA also.

I have a problem buying anything with the "Insignia" brand name on it. But I'm sure it'll sell. Best Buy can move some product.

What's the cheapest price on a PS3 these days?

PS3 deal at walmart next week I think or Fathers day week. $100 giftcard with purchase. Also supposedly on the BD30's that walmart is stocking.

Is the Insignia player a 1.0 or a 2.0? I looked and couldn't tell. If it's 1.0 it's already obsolete. For $50 more you could have a PS3 and have it updated almost monthly.

Is the Insignia player a 1.0 or a 2.0? I looked and couldn't tell. If it's 1.0 it's already obsolete. For $50 more you could have a PS3 and have it updated almost monthly.
Watch out using that obsolete word, you'll get panned. :)

Anyways, I agree. Its not worth saving $50 and losing all that functionality that 2.0 provides and quick future upgrades that the PS3 provides. Still seems like the PS3 is the best blu-ray player out there.

-John

PS3 is the best bluray player in its price range, not necessarily the best out there.

I also dont disagree with calling 1.0 obsolete, its just when people say that 1.1 is. 1.1 IS the final standard and always has been.

yep, 1.1 is fine by me and I have ethernet jacks at each tv so I could actually use the 2.0 features if I really cared.

PS3 is a great BD player for the price, but don't forget to factor in another $20 or so for the remote unless you don't mind using the game pad for the remote (it's doable and not bad, but the WAF usually gets you to buy the remote). I love our PS3 for BD playback, but I really like my BD30 I just got too.

PS3 is the best bluray player in its price range, not necessarily the best out there.

I also dont disagree with calling 1.0 obsolete, its just when people say that 1.1 is. 1.1 IS the final standard and always has been.
1.1 will be obsolete no matter how much you cry about it. More and More disks are being released and now advertising the features and benefits of BD-live. Soon that will be the norm. At that point anyone following your logic and purchases a 1.1 player will not enjoy the pleasures of the new technology. Just watching the movie is not the only thing being pushed by the manufacturers or the studios. The sooner you incorporate this into your flawed logic the better. An opinion is like an elbow everybody has one, and just because your opinion is watching the movie is good enough for you doesn’t make it so for the masses.

PS: What the heck does “final standard” have to do with it? Once again your flawed logic reveals itself. 1.1 is the final standard but 2.0 disks are being released. WTF? What sense does that make? Just take a second to think about it huh. This is more a jab at the BD consortium but you seem to blindly follow any crap they put out religiously.

Man, you ARE getting desperate.

Anyways, 1.1 was set as a final standard and 2.0 was optional, its not THAT hard to grasp(well maybe for you). You argument is once again weak because (contrary to your one sided beliefs) the MAJORITY will not have the ability to use OR care about 2.0 options.

Many early adopters on here have already stated the fact, but I guess since they are the "blu-bloods" that you and your buddies like to call people, they are biased. :haha

1.1 will be obsolete no matter how much you cry about it. More and More disks are being released and now advertising the features and benefits of BD-live. Soon that will be the norm. At that point anyone following your logic and purchases a 1.1 player will not enjoy the pleasures of the new technology. Just watching the movie is not the only thing being pushed by the manufacturers or the studios.

The movie and PiP will still play just fine on a 1.1. HD DVD owners were certainly able to enjoy the movie or even PiP without being connected.

Now onto the real question. Manufacturers and studios are pushing internet activity as a part of the "total" HD experience. The question is the masses, or J6P, and whether they will care about hooking up their HT to the internet or better yet, have the ability to hook up to the internet.

Most of my client base, which is highend, is not hooked up, even though I always run cabling for every design/install. I would really like to see those numbers. They can't really be all that great. Transformers, the top selling HD DVD, had 30,000 unique hits with its online interactivity, and this was from early adopters. Movie download services are either struggling or have gone out of business/shut down service; like Vudu, Walmart downloads, Moviebeam, and Akimbo. XstreamHD is going to be a download service, but it is delivered through satellite.

I see posts all over the place about DVD being good enough for the masses. There is no interactivity with this format right now. So if it is good enough, how is J6P going to be convinced that s/he needs all of these extras rather than sitting down and enjoying the movie without any interruptions or distractions.

I would welcome some real answers on how to solve this dilema, because in all honesty, I don't see J6P and the masses connecting their HT to the internet. When you look at connection speeds for the US compared to much of the world, it is pathetic. Let alone the fact that 20% of Americans have never used e-mail.

S~

This Just In!

If your refrigerator does not have a bar code scanner, full screen display and internet connection- IT'S OBSOLETE!

That's right, your refrigerator should read the scan code of everything you put in it, and take out of it. And cover your canned goods, too. You should input desired stocking levels. More and more stores are offering home delivery of these items after your refrigerator calls in the order.

Refrigerators aren't just for keeping things cold anymore. Enjoy the maximum today's technology offers! And don't forget to add the "diet minder" option. Yes, your refrigerator can measure what you eat and call you out as the fat pig you are!

Installation, internet connection and maintenance, and programming are all the responsibility of the user. Wireless scale is extra. Infra-red body fat scanner is extra and may require an additional monthly fee. For an added fee, the "diet minder" will not report it's findings to your doctor or insurance company.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)