Instalations dying!

well I am glad to hear everywhere is slowing down and that I am not getting worked out. I get 75.00 per install for a single receiver and 90 for a duel and 15 for every tv after the first that plus 20-25 for pole mount. i also get 25.00 for any sales I make. I own my vehicle and pay my own contractors insurance.for any Small tools and any drills and ladders. the retailer supplies me with cable, connectors, splitters, dishes, switches and phone jacks, etc. at no charge. I do buy some suppies myself cuz he buys the cheapest zip ties, grounding wire and lagbolts he can find. nothing gets me more upset is the last mount lagbolt breaking in half as I screw it in. He sometimes will give me a gas allowance if I have to go over 50 miles away from home. furtherest one I installed was 97 miles away from my house.

Well then, it DOES sound like you're getting a pretty fair and respectable deal. Just the absence of any quality installs is the real issue. It could be a case of where the retailer is being squeezed out.

I get 90/25. But for a dual tuner, we get a bonus $5. So it's 175 for a 4 boxer with two duals. No additional for a pole mount, but the company supplies the: pole, cement, misc hardware... We also get $50 per service call. I pay for all my own cable, fittings, everything... minus grounding straps and blocks. I also get $75 per sale. I couldn't sell a bottle of Aquifina to a lost man in the Sahara. I'll have to train my fiance/wife to make sales... Potential for serious cash there.

Right now I'm pushing 2k per week. It's too much. I've trained 3 guys in the last month. I'm desperate for a few days off. I'll be taking over management operations for my major metro area soon. I guess the owner of my retailing office likes my installs/efficiency/speed/whatever over the last year. He'll hit me with 4 new connects a day if he has them. I suppose it's a good problem to have though. Soon I'll be leaving the country for two weeks. ... I hope I can work up the courage to come back. :rolleyes:

I like these threads. This kind of info is what really helps out fellow technicians.

$200 Plus

IF you can sell it and install it, I pay $200 plus $20 each additional, along with NO chargebacks, and pay 50% COOP, I ship directly from RS&I. That should get you busy, Its like being your own company, oh yea and you charge the customer what you think is reasonable for extra work. please email me if your intrested. dishaustin(at)yahoo(dot)com STOP GETTING RIPPED OFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I am glad to announce that I have found a company that has been around for over 5 years, has 70 Techs I do believe, and has enough work to keep me in the $1500 to $2K a week scale. Effective 10-1 their rates are

Basic 1 receiver $65
Dual 2 Receiver $80
Each Additional Outlet $15
Upgrades $35
Tivo Upgrades $45
Relocate $15
Service Call $35
Extra Line to Tivo (During Install NOT Upgrade) $10
3 x 4 Multi Switch Install $10
4 x 8 Multi Switch Install $50
No Line Of Sight Trip Pay $10
Customer Not Home/Reschedule $10

Being new to the business I'm not sure if these are good, bad or average. I do know that in the 2 days I have been with them I have grossed close to 700.00.

-Dave

str8poolbanger said:
Well, I am glad to announce that I have found a company that has been around for over 5 years, has 70 Techs I do believe, and has enough work to keep me in the $1500 to $2K a week scale. Effective 10-1 their rates are

Basic 1 receiver $65
Dual 2 Receiver $80
Upgrades $35
Tivo Upgrades $45
Relocate $15
Service Call $35
Extra Line to Tivo (During Install NOT Upgrade) $10
3 x 4 Multi Switch Install $10
4 x 8 Multi Switch Install $50
No Line Of Sight Trip Pay $10
Customer Not Home/Reschedule $10

Being new to the business I'm not sure if these are good, bad or average. I do know that in the 2 days I have been with them I have grossed close to 700.00.

-Dave

theyre fine numbers if theyre payin taxes and supplying material...otherwise theyre just OK.

Geesh, so basically Pennsylvania subs just make crappy money.... :D

I was told 60/20 with me buying the equip was a good deal.

Well its deff better than the 50/10 with me buying my own equip. hehe

str8poolbanger said:
Geesh, so basically Pennsylvania subs just make crappy money.... :D

I was told 60/20 with me buying the equip was a good deal.

Well its deff better than the 50/10 with me buying my own equip. hehe

No its not a pennsylvania thing, its an industry thing. mainly brought on by greed from a couple of fronts. one being charlie and rupert giving away everything, which cause the precieved notion that there is no *value* to the product or we professionals thast install it. Also from the boys in *your* office that wanna get fat, pay for the hummer and the summer house in vail off of your sweat. and finally from the people that work for those rates....you not only hurt yourself but all of us in the installation side of the industry.

please dont get me wrong here, im not railing on you because you just dont know...thats why we are talking about this....

strange about that hummer, my "boy" in the office just bought a home with a inground indoor swimming pool, AND a outdoor inground swimming pool, and a really nice 2005 or a 06 SL 500 LOADED.

things that make u go hmmmm

and no offense taken, but yah in PA the avg tech is getting between 60/20 and 70/20 IF hes lucky....

Wait a minute, wait a minute. When you guys say, 60/20... are you talking about 60 for the initial SUPERDISH install or D500 install or D1000 install??? BIIIG difference. I get 90/25 for SD, and 75/20 for D500.

Which brings up a good point. Wouldn't you think a D1000 should pay more than a D500? Seems to me there's more work involved with a D1000 and all it's doing is saving DNS and whatever retailer tons of $$$ per install since they don't have to be charged for the must-carry.

a double double to us pays us about 125? im not sure if thats a god or bad thing but i know that we have slowed considerably after katrina. thought it might have something to do with it but now im seeing a bit diffrent.. and yes dish gets away with alot.. dish mover and you dont get paid for the dish?? BTW they did leave it at there old house????

DirecTV and cut throat sub contractors are to blame for the dismal pay it used to be $100.00 / $25.00 and phone lines were extra $25 to $50 but the crappy subs came in with there shotty work and ruined the pay scale for all of us. Thats why I work for a retailer now on 50K salary all expenses paid his truck, tools and parts. Same pay for 1 or 10 a week and best of all 9 to 5 monday - friday and only homes no apartments. I am either selling or installing.

Also everyone I have talked to is slow right now we have had our locals for 4 years so new installs are few and far between upgrades and service is where the money is. You need to get the reputation as the Professional neat and clean installer and the $$$ will flow in. Here is a free tip for everyone contact your Interior Decorators you will get a lot of Big $$$ work But you must do A1 work and clean and be extra polite and patient with the customers and you will have all the work you can handle. I charge $50 for the service call and $25 per 1/2 hour plus parts within 25 mile of our shop and that under cuts dish by $25 for a service call.

The best part about Interior Decorators they get you the work and don't look for kick backs there just happy to have someone they can trust one call and there done and they know the job is done right.

rowemance said:
DirecTV and cut throat sub contractors are to blame for the dismal pay it used to be $100.00 / $25.00 and phone lines were extra $25 to $50 but the crappy subs came in with there shotty work and ruined the pay scale for all of us. Thats why I work for a retailer now on 50K salary all expenses paid his truck, tools and parts. Same pay for 1 or 10 a week and best of all 9 to 5 monday - friday and only homes no apartments. I am either selling or installing.

Damn i want one .....:)

hey str8poolbanger i saw this posted on another forum...

check refrences though, not sure how legite they are as far as getting you money...you know the routine

Installers in Delaware and Lehigh Valleys in Pa. Reading and Berks County also.

Installation Technologies
570-233-8931

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts