Install advice requested when moving

Reward

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2006
Raleigh, NC
I'm moving. Ok, physically moving to a new house in the Raleigh area.

The new house has numerous very tall trees that will make it a difficult install.

I've eyeballed the angles and it seems I'm going to have some serious LOS issues.

I'd like some advice on how I should approach this.

Should I call a local installer (anybody online from the Raleigh area) and see if he sees any hope for finding a good location?

Should I merely call Dish and do a DISHMover?

I'm currently out of contract. I installed the dish at my current house so I'd have no problem attempting the install but also would not balk at extending my contract if Dish would install it for me.

I just have a good feeling that I have little chance of the install succeeding.

If you don't want to sign another contract, I think you just pay the $50 install cost? Or maybe it's a hundred? I forget.

Signing a new 2 yr gets you HBO/Stars for 3 months though. Cinemax for a year for a penny if you go on autopay with paperless billing. Actually, the cinemax deal is available to anyone - no contract needed.

All it takes is a phone call and a day off work (unless you do a weekend install).... if they can do it, you can usually work a free upgrade into your Dish Mover if you sign another 24 month commitment.

Worth a shot.... who knows... you might get a creative installer...

....and Dish Mover's are $99 without a contract. If they can't do it, you get your money back.

Seems like Eastern Arc is an option for me in Raleigh.

That will help with the install angle and the trees (which is what my original question was).

I'll check with a local installer.

Local Raleigh Installer

Ok. Oddly enough I've been unable to find a local installer in my area. The ones I've called have disconnected their numbers and the ones I've emailed don't respond.

I'm a bit reluctant to merely go to Best Buy or wherever and get the installer of the day/

If anybody can recommend a local installer in the Raleigh area, send me a message please.

Also, feel free to send me a message if you're an installer in the area reading this message. Hey, at least I didn't post this in the installer's forum, eh? :)

Ok. Oddly enough I've been unable to find a local installer in my area. The ones I've called have disconnected their numbers and the ones I've emailed don't respond.

I'm a bit reluctant to merely go to Best Buy or wherever and get the installer of the day/

If anybody can recommend a local installer in the Raleigh area, send me a message please.

Also, feel free to send me a message if you're an installer in the area reading this message. Hey, at least I didn't post this in the installer's forum, eh? :)

Not surprised. Dish has put a lot of retailers out of business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts