Install booked for tomorrow

kpip99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
Getting a 2 hopper 0 Joey setup tomorrow morning. Switching from uverse. What should I expect? Should I have Internet at both hoppers ?
If I have 2 open ports on my router can I have Internet via wifi to my hoppers? Is that what that HIC is that I've heard about on here ?

I had dish a few years ago so the actual dishes are still on my roof. Will they use those or put up new ones?

Thanks

You should expect a lot better HD quality. Other pluses include more HD tuners (6 vs 3) to record, also watching TV doesn't slow down the Internet. Doesn't matter how many ports are open on the router, wireless doesn't use them. Yep you can get Internet on both Hoppers via the DISH-supplied USB wireless adapter. You might even be able to get them for free from DISH if you ask about them. The installer might also use the HIC if possible, which would probably be the preferable method. The HIC will use a port on your router.

Depending on how many years ago you are talking about, somehow I have a feeling that these two dishes you are mentioning were previously pointed at 61.5/110/119. If so the installer may just point the 61.5 to 129, or even take the dishes down and install a 1000.2 for 110/119/129 or a 1000.4 for 61.5/72.7/77.

I expect that my post is a little late, though. Not sure how I missed this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts