Install Delayed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pduncan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Was scheduled to have Dish HD and SD equipment installed today. Got a call from customer service Saturday saying they were out of equipement at the moment and would have to reschedule for Aug 1st.

For the delay they are giving me $5 credit a month for 4 months.......

Hope they don't reschedule again.

You'd think they would have caught up by now. It's the same thing I heard when I tried to get a 622. I can understand the delay when they first came out and there was a big rush for them, but that's been months. The thing they never learn is not to lie about it.

What were you supposed to have installed?

I'm a little worried because we never got a courtesy call today to remind us of our appointment, and we're due to be installed between 12-5 tomorrow.

We're getting a 211 and 625 installed.

When I was at the warehouse Mon. there was plenty of inventory. You might make a phone call in the morning to confirm somebody will be there if they survive the heat of the morning. With 103 -107 forcast for tomorrow I don't envy your installer.

Yeah, especially since part of our install will require that they be in our attic. Fortunately our attic is ventilated.

I did notice that on the side of our house there is one coax cable coming out of the brick. I'm really hoping that the installer can get by on using just the one coax without having to drill any more into our brick aside from mounting the cable grounding block.

I know he will have to take the splitter out of our attic since we have our 4 cable lines coming into that with the one line going out to the outside. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I'll take pics of our install as well.

Last Friday they were supposed to do my 622 upgrade, they rescheduled for today.. at 6:30 in the evening the installer finally arrived and switched out the dish (big old superdish for a 1000) then came in asking where I put the 622.... errr he was supposed to have the 622 according to Dish.... nobody was home when he called his warehouse but will be going there in the early AM to see if they have one. Fingers crossed they have some. Its Digital Dish in Columbus OH, and they are usually pretty good (installer really did know his stuff which was refreshing).

I'm in Indiana. Getting 211, dual and single tuner SD (4 total tv's), plus the 1000+ dish. The delay has left me a little skeptical.

I'm a return customer from Comcast. I've been gone for about 14 months.... had to agree to a 18 month commitment.... wasn't thrilled about that but..... I understand why they want that. Got $20 off for 10 months...... (so they say).

pduncan said:
I'm in Indiana. Getting 211, dual and single tuner SD (4 total tv's), plus the 1000+ dish. The delay has left me a little skeptical.

I'm a return customer from Comcast. I've been gone for about 14 months.... had to agree to a 18 month commitment.... wasn't thrilled about that but..... I understand why they want that. Got $20 off for 10 months...... (so they say).

That $20 off for 10 months is the standard promotion right now. We got it too.

Sorry to hear about your delay. Hopefully we won't have the same issue.

Well I got lucky, they finished install about an hour ago, have reprogrammed all my timers etc... Still need to setup the Barco to look its best at 720p but so far its all good.

docpadds said:
Well I got lucky, they finished install about an hour ago, have reprogrammed all my timers etc... Still need to setup the Barco to look its best at 720p but so far its all good.

Hey man. Keep us posted about how it went in the end.

Last edited:
I did call DISH to confirm our installation time (what happened to the courtesy call the day before??) and we are still set between 12-5 today. Lets hope they stick to it.

I'm estimating our install will only take at most an hour.

The only complication with mine was that I had a Superdish with a big mount and the new 1000 is smaller and has a smaller mount, they had to McGuiver a few things but it seems solid once adapted. I thought they were all the same collar size, guess not.

So far though the 622 looks great in 720p, it even does a nice hjob of upconverting the SD channels. My TV is a 4x3 and the 4x3#2 mode makes it no hassle, SD is full screen, HD is bordered top and bottom nicely.

Now to wait until dark when I can do the convergence better on this thing and clear up the picture fully. Shrek2 looked good though on HBOHD.

i had an install apt this morning for a Dish 500+. the installer came but then explained that they don't have the 500+ kit. he called someone higher up and they didn't know when they'd get this. he had called explaining 'the customer wants to know when...' he also called Dish and we re-scheduled my install for a little over a week away. no inconvienence promotions were offered. i just hope the + Dishes are there by then.

This is making me worried. Still no installer, no call or anything, and he install window closes in 35 min. :(

DISH says we're still scheduled for 12-5 today.

Just got a call from the installer. He's on his way, 15 min after the window mind you.

A courtesy call letting us know that he was running late would have been nice, but at least we're going to get it installed today.

He got here at 6pm. Whew!! Glad to see the installation happening.

He changed out the coax wall connector in both rooms to allow for the higher frequency. He said some installers won't do that and they end up making trouble calls for it.

He's using the DPP Seperator on the 625. We're getting the DISH 1000.2 dish installed. He said the LNB has the DPP switch built in. What will the check switch recognize it as? DPP34?

I'm surprised that the 211 didn't come with ANY component or HDMI cables. He said that the 211 doesn't come with HD cables for some reason, unlike the 811.

He should have everything finished up hopefully in 30 min.

They've cancelled my 622 install 2x already. Now scheduled for next mon. Can't wait to see if 3rd time's a charm....

Well..... here we go again.

Was suppose to get hooked up today. Got a call from Dish last night, said they had to delay yet again my install. All out of the Dish 1000+. Resheduled for Aug 4, which is two weeks away......... Got a call from another dish rep late last night saying... sorry, sorry, sorry. At least they aren't just leaving me hanging out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)