Install DVR 625 Help

nelsontacoma

Original poster
Jan 15, 2013
Arizona
So, I purchased a 625 DVR off of Ebay. I currently have a single 301 receiver with a dish 500 and a sw21 switch box. So here's my question. I have an extra sw21 switch box and the LNB's are dual. Can I run 2 lines into the house with 2 sw21 boxes to the receiver? I already tested the new receiver on my current setup (with one line) and it worked, so I think I already know the answer. When I connected it, it registered my sw21 box and both 110 & 119 sattelites. The strange thing is I was able to see all the programs as if the receiver was still activated, will this cause any trouble when I call Dish to add it to the account and remove my old receiver?

I already read a bunch of posts about the single line setups and whatnot, but do not want to spend anymore money on more equipment at this time. Thanks in advance!!!

So, I purchased a 625 DVR off of Ebay. I currently have a single 301 receiver with a dish 500 and a sw21 switch box. So here's my question. I have an extra sw21 switch box and the LNB's are dual. Can I run 2 lines into the house with 2 sw21 boxes to the receiver?
yes
basically duplicate what you already have done. Run a cable from the extra output on the 119 LNB to the other SW21 (try and match it the same as what you have now so if 119 is on sat 1 then hook the 2nd switch up that way). Duplicate for 110 and rerun check switch

I already tested the new receiver on my current setup (with one line) and it worked, so I think I already know the answer. When I connected it, it registered my sw21 box and both 110 & 119 sattelites. The strange thing is I was able to see all the programs as if the receiver was still activated, will this cause any trouble when I call Dish to add it to the account and remove my old receiver?

All the channels? Very possible that the old owner hasnt shut it off yet. Best thing to do is PM a DIRT (Dish internet response team) member with the R&S #'s (menu 6-1-3 will show it) to verify you can activate it

looks like both Mary and Matt are online
http://www.satelliteguys.us/private.php?do=newpm&u=162775
http://www.satelliteguys.us/private.php?do=newpm&u=162833

Thanks again for the help! Finally got around to re-wiring my dish & house & got the receiver installed/activated today. Everything works great. It's nice to finally have a DVR like the rest of the world does.....

wow 2 21 switches to run a 625. eventually if you have any signal issues you are going to want that swapped out for a dpp twin....but if it works then it works.

I would have liked to do it that way. But I don't really have the money to spend to buy more switches and lnb's and what not. My dad had some extra sw21's and we had plenty of cable and the lnb's we had were already dual. So I really only had to get a new receiver (which I got off of ebay for $50 with a Christmas gift card). Made the most sense to me anyway.