Install fee for box change?

Dish is on the roof. Pretty easy access (near the edge, off the back of the house). It's actually only on the lower roof line, so it's not the full 2 stories up (Got a 4 level split, so I've got more roof lines than needed)
oof that still sounds high ;)

That's part of the reason I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can talk some sense into the installer "with that 4th box I'm planning soon...." and having him setup a 34 switch, so everything is connected in a centralized location and I can just mark the cables.
actually you would want a DPP44+ switch. The 34 you would need two cables from the switch to the 922 instead of one. The DPP44+ allows one cable install to the dual tuner receivers (like the 722, 922)

So realistically, I'd like to just disco everything and just hookup 3 dedicated lines for the dish. Eliminate all of the clutter and label what I can (in case I need to connect any of these free-hanging lines back up)

thats what I did a while ago. Reran all new cabling and pulled what was in the house out (it was old stuff anyways) ;)

having him setup a 34 switch

If you would like a switch installed in case you decide to add additional receivers later on, I would recommend going with a DPP44 instead of the DP34. The reason I make this suggestion is because the DP34 does not support a DPP separator, so you would need two lines run to your dual tuner receivers. With the DPP44 you can use a DPP separator and this will cut down the amount of lines that would need to be run from the switch to the receiver.

Cool. I'll see what can be done. I figured the 34 based on the 3 sat feeds, and no power. Didn't know the 44 added the seperator functionality (not that I need it now, but might as well do it right the first time)

Thanks for the info guys - in all reality, the likelyhood of me hooking up any other TV's is pretty slim (Maybe a garage TV someday?), so if nothing gets resolved except getting the TV to work in the basement, I will be happy. Anything else is just icing on the cake

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)