Install next Thursday 8-4-2011

wtootle228

Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
Ocean Springs Ms
I have a install scheduled for next week.I am unable to mount the dish on the house due to me renting a room in the house that im living in.I told the customer service rep that it needs to be installed onto a tri pod.My question is will they provide the tripod or do I need to go and buy one?Thanks.

They should provide one, but I would go out and buy one if you do not wany any excuses from the installer that he doesn't have one on his truck and needs to reschedule.

You're such a jerk toward installers. I don't see how any of your techs put up with your crap. I wouldn't.

BTW, gonna be sorta hard to install on a tripod considering Dish took them away. Way to be on top of things, Skippy.

And even if the customer did go and buy a tripod, I wouldn't touch it, because it's now considered a "non-approved Dish mount" (except in cases of a RV.).

Last edited:
Claude Greiner said:
They should provide one, but I would go out and buy one if you do not wany any excuses from the installer that he doesn't have one on his truck and needs to reschedule.

They WILL NOT provide one! Don't answer a question if you don't know what your talking about. How many installers do you know that have tripods? Not approved. As the other poster said, I wouldn't put a dish on a tripod anyway. It's people like you giving out the wrong information that gets people pissed at Dish.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

To the OP. You could get it on a pole or possibly a patio mount. The patio mount would be the best option seeing if you move it can be taken down or with you as its not attached to anything.

Patio mounts are horrible unless you have a 100% level solid surface. A pole mount really is about the only real option that will be a solid mount.

As stated, tri pods are non approved. As a tech I would fin another way to hopefully get the job completed.

Frank7004 said:
Patio mounts are horrible unless you have a 100% level solid surface. A pole mount really is about the only real option that will be a solid mount.

As stated, tri pods are non approved. As a tech I would fin another way to hopefully get the job completed.

True they do have to be on level ground (patio?). I was just giving other options to the question.

commercial non-pen -- quick and easy, adjustable for un-level ground, every truck should have at least 1

Or if you're a good installer (*cough*) you can still get above the thresholds on a patio mount that's not quite level. Of course, you could just find a level surface to begin with...

Any good installer will have the mount or be able to go get one to complete the install. Pole mounts do work, but you need somewhere to put it, and most LSC's will require the tech to put up a temporary mount until utilities can be marked for digging

in house wont do it, some subs will. if you get denied by who ever shows up, start over with an independant retailer