install of 921

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bsdish

Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Here's a ? - when i placed my order, the cust. serv. rep said i would get my twin upgraded to a quad, get a 20" dish installed for my mand. locals and they would set up the all the equipment.

why did i let him leave with installing a sw44, new 20" dish, a splitter for the dual tuner feed, and I did most of the learning and set up of the unit.

forget OTA - I bought a silver sensor and I'm not having very good results.
It's probably not in a good location - is there a max dist. the antenna can be from the 921 w/o needing some boost?

bsdish said:
Here's a ? -
forget OTA - I bought a silver sensor and I'm not having very good results.
It's probably not in a good location - is there a max dist. the antenna can be from the 921 w/o needing some boost?

Depending on landscape and what is between you and the broadcast antenna you may get 17 to 30 miles or less out of a Silver Sensor.

Placement from the receiver isn't too big of an issue. 10 or 12' or less from the 921 should not make a difference.

They are highly directional too. You would have to turn it for each local station.

Go to antennaweb:

http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx

They can help you choose/aim your OTA antenna.

bsdish: Your description of your new equipment makes no sense.

Maybe you mean a DPP44 switch and not a SW44. And maybe a DPP Separator instead of a splitter.

If so, you came out of it with a heckuva lot more hardware value than a simple quad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts