install of 921

bsdish

Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Here's a ? - when i placed my order, the cust. serv. rep said i would get my twin upgraded to a quad, get a 20" dish installed for my mand. locals and they would set up the all the equipment.

why did i let him leave with installing a sw44, new 20" dish, a splitter for the dual tuner feed, and I did most of the learning and set up of the unit.

forget OTA - I bought a silver sensor and I'm not having very good results.
It's probably not in a good location - is there a max dist. the antenna can be from the 921 w/o needing some boost?

bsdish said:
Here's a ? -
forget OTA - I bought a silver sensor and I'm not having very good results.
It's probably not in a good location - is there a max dist. the antenna can be from the 921 w/o needing some boost?

Depending on landscape and what is between you and the broadcast antenna you may get 17 to 30 miles or less out of a Silver Sensor.

Placement from the receiver isn't too big of an issue. 10 or 12' or less from the 921 should not make a difference.

They are highly directional too. You would have to turn it for each local station.

Go to antennaweb:

http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx

They can help you choose/aim your OTA antenna.

bsdish: Your description of your new equipment makes no sense.

Maybe you mean a DPP44 switch and not a SW44. And maybe a DPP Separator instead of a splitter.

If so, you came out of it with a heckuva lot more hardware value than a simple quad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts