Joey 4 Install questions

Calling support is a complete waste of time. They are clueless.
Called yesterday because a newly installed wireless joey won't access both hws even though the other one would. They told me that was the way it was designed. Sad when customers know more about a product than the supplier. Feel sorry for those that have to depend on what they are told.
Call back and tell them your wifi Joey won't connect at all, and when they tell you to reset everything and press wps just temm them you did and it still won't connect and please send a tech. It's unfortunate but the more you argue the more likely you are to get a tech. If you don't like the person you're tming to hang up and try again. Or dm me your phone number and name as listed on your account and what day and time you want and I'll get one setup for you or have them ship a replacement in the mail. If you want one mailed I need last four numbers of receiver number on the wifi Joey.

tjboston's advice is good. If it was me and if the option was not possible to dm tjboston, I would keep calling back and talk to each one briefly and also say you already did the troubleshooting steps earlier and it still won't connect before hanging up but that's only for the ones that even get that far and then eventually not hang up but ask to talk to their manager and also ask for the issue to be escalated with whoever I talk to until they will send the tech out assuming no other options were available.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks guys
I was finally able to schedule a tech to come by Saturday. It took a while but maybe it will be worth it in the end
Let us know the outcome. Hoping a replacement fixes the issues.

Also, a lot of techs don't know how to do it but you can suggest to the tech that before they activate to put hopper in limited mode which bypasses activation so they can test if the issue is resolved without potentially wasting a receiver if it doesn't fix it.

Let us know the outcome. Hoping a replacement fixes the issues.

Also, a lot of techs don't know how to do it but you can suggest to the tech that before they activate to put hopper in limited mode which bypasses activation so they can test if the issue is resolved without potentially wasting a receiver if it doesn't fix it.
Heck, I don't remember how to do it

I did have an issue, a little awhile ago with the Hopper +. A purple screen came up with lines across the TV. Then, the next came up with black screen with yellow and I am thinking a red stripe up on top. I unplugged the +, and then I seen another message that said Connecting to the Hopper. It is back to normal.
No issues since then, after the2 times.

Will Dish let customers install a purchased Joey 4 with no Plus on the account?
I offered to purchase the wireless joey 4 from dish, the csr said no problem, put me on hold, came back and said could not since all I had was hws, saying it would not work. Installer on the phone as well telling the csr that it would work. Needless to say that I did not get the wireless joey 4 as the csr refused to talk to me and would only talk to the installer. At this point, I am very frustrated. Everyone keeps telling me to update to the H3, but that is not what I want for my household and the way that the HWS are connecting to other tv's.

What was results of tech visit?
same old thing, couldn't get the wireless joey 4 as I wanted. dish wouldn't sell it to me either. Tech even tried to get the ok to install.
The tech was there for over 3 hours for what I thought would be a simple switch of the wireless joey.
He switched out the joey, same problem existed. He was stumped and called severa other installers.
He tried to upgrade the software on one HWS, even though it had just updated the prior night to H262. Of course it did nothing.
He ran diagnostics over and over. Finally he noticed on one screen that there was no joey software listed on the hws.
Replaced the hws with another that would not boot up. Had to get another unit and finally got everything to operate as it should.
The tech was a nice guy & seemed to know what was what. Even found out that he graduated from a local high school.
It is just too bad that the dish employees aren't as helpful as the tech's.

same old thing, couldn't get the wireless joey 4 as I wanted. dish wouldn't sell it to me either. Tech even tried to get the ok to install.
The tech was there for over 3 hours for what I thought would be a simple switch of the wireless joey.
He switched out the joey, same problem existed. He was stumped and called severa other installers.
He tried to upgrade the software on one HWS, even though it had just updated the prior night to H262. Of course it did nothing.
He ran diagnostics over and over. Finally he noticed on one screen that there was no joey software listed on the hws.
Replaced the hws with another that would not boot up. Had to get another unit and finally got everything to operate as it should.
The tech was a nice guy & seemed to know what was what. Even found out that he graduated from a local high school.
It is just too bad that the dish employees aren't as helpful as the tech's.
Unfortunately those are common issues we deal with in the field. But glad he atleast got the issue resolved.