Install q's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mattoftedal@hotmail.com

Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
south dakota
I have recently purchased a sl3pig-wnc dish and a hr-22 receiver and me and a buddy were going to install it and we got it up on the roof and put the dish up set the elevation and tilt, and hooked up one of the cables running from the dish directly to the receiver and all that I got was no satellite aquired. I ran the configuration a couple more times and still nothing. I have not grounded anything, was going to worry about that later, but maybe I need to do it right away? I also got a zinwell 6X8 splitter that i will need once I can figure out how in the world to get a signal. We moved it around and around and I was assuming we should get at least a little signal, but nothing. Any suggestions, I really need some advice because I am stuck

Try to use punctuation and avoid run on sentences.

They would waste the money on a level if it didn't matter.

I would not waste my time with those god awful bubble levels. go get a regular level. And yea the leveling of the mast front to back and side to side makes a big difference. those ka/ku dish's are very sensative.You pretty much have to have a clear line of sight or it will miss. but if you get it level you should get something. make sure all of your settings are correct double check if you have to.you have to peak it on the 101 sat and then fine tune from there with the fine adjustment screws to hit the othe sat's. Remeber the other sat's you are trying to pick up are a much smaller width than the 101.thus you could be slightly off the 99 and 103.Do you know which sat's you use out the where your at?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)