Install Question - Hybrid LNBF with a Hopper 3 + Hopper 2

Arkapigdiesel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
Northwest Arkansas
Here's what I currently have.....I have a Dish with the hybrid LNBF head. The line goes from the dish to a hybrid solo hub, and then I have the coax lines that come off the hybrid hub to my Hopper 3 and my two Joey's. I recently acquired a Hopper 2, which is where my question comes in.

I've got two scenarios I have questions on:

1. I think what I need to do in order to add the Hopper 2 to my setup is this, but please correct me if I'm wrong: Ok, I need to replace my hybrid solo hub with a hybrid duo hub and run two lines from my hybrid LNBF to the duo hub, and then run a line off the hybrid hub to my Hopper 3, a line to the Hopper 2, and then run a line to each Joey. Is that correct?

2. One last question.....if I want to run the Hopper 2 as a standalone (in my shop). I can install another hybrid LNBF dish on my shop, run one line from the dish to a hybrid solo hub, and then simply run the one line from the hybrid hub to the Hopper 2. Correct?

I did some research on the hybrid LNBF and I couldn't tell if it was compatible with the Hopper 2, but I believe it is. Correct?

Thanks for any answers/insight given.

Here's what I currently have.....I have a Dish with the hybrid LNBF head. The line goes from the dish to a hybrid solo hub, and then I have the coax lines that come off the hybrid hub to my Hopper 3 and my two Joey's. I recently acquired a Hopper 2, which is where my question comes in.

1. I think what I need to do in order to add the Hopper 2 to my setup is this, but please correct me if I'm wrong: Ok, I need to replace my hybrid solo hub with a hybrid duo hub and run two lines from my hybrid LNBF to the duo hub, and then run a line off the hybrid hub to my Hopper 3, a line to the Hopper 2, and then run a line to each Joey. Is that correct?

2. One last question.....if I want to run the Hopper 2 as a standalone (in my shop). I can install another hybrid LNBF dish on my shop, run one line from the dish to a hybrid solo hub, and then simply run the one line from the hybrid hub to the Hopper 2. Correct?

I did some research on the hybrid LNBF and I couldn't tell if it was compatible with the Hopper 2, but I believe it is. Correct?

Hey Arkapigdiesel, when you have a Hopper 3 on your account, we do not allow a second Hopper on that same account. Depending on the distance from your shop to your home, you may be able to set the 2nd Hopper up in the shop separate from the Hopper 3 on your primary account. -Rosita L.

Reactions: charlesrshell

A Hybrid LNB only supports one Hopper 3. Nothing else can be connected to the LNB when a Hopper 3 is connected.

To do two Hoppers you would need a DPP LNB and a DPH42 switch.

Any Hopper can run off of a hybrid switch or LNB.

Wasn't aware that a second Hopper couldn't be added to my account since I already have a Hopper 3. So, what are my options if I want two Hoppers on my account? Have two Hopper 2's?

A Hybrid LNB only supports one Hopper 3. Nothing else can be connected to the LNB when a Hopper 3 is connected.

To do two Hoppers you would need a DPP LNB and a DPH42 switch.

Any Hopper can run off of a hybrid switch or LNB.
But can he mix a Hopper 2 with a Hopper 3? I am unsure whether he can do that. I know he can do two of either kind but can they be mixed?

Wasn't aware that a second Hopper couldn't be added to my account since I already have a Hopper 3. So, what are my options if I want two Hoppers on my account? Have two Hopper 2's?

You can also have two Hopper 3's on an account. (The second one must be purchased.) Quite a few members here will testify to that.

Hey ArkapigdieselDepending on the distance from your shop to your home, you may be able to set the 2nd Hopper up in the shop separate from the Hopper 3 on your primary account. -Rosita L.
Is there a monthly charge to do that? How exactly does that work? My shop is a stone's throw from my house. I could put the dish on my shop and point it myself.

The Dish rep above stated I can't do that. I'm confused as to how to get a 2nd Hopper added to my account....

I think the Dish rep isn't aware of all of the options. With a second Hopper 3 you must purchase the receiver.

charlesrshell , dweber and several other members here have two Hopper 3's on their residential accounts.

Maybe they'll tell you exactly how to do it. :)

(I have a special situation here that's not a residential account and I have multiple Hopper 3's.)

I think the Dish rep isn't aware of all of the options. With a second Hopper 3 you must purchase the receiver.

charlesrshell and several other members here have two Hopper 3's on their residential accounts.

Maybe they'll tell you exactly how to do it. :)

(I have a special situation here that's not a residential account and I have multiple Hopper 3's.)
Appreciate the info. So, I should be able to add the Hopper 2 to my existing account that already has a Hopper 3 on it?

Appreciate the info. So, I should be able to add the Hopper 2 to my existing account that already has a Hopper 3 on it?

No. If you have a Hopper 3 you can only add another Hopper 3 or a 211 or a Wally.

If you have a Hopper 2 you can add a Hopper 1 or Hopper 2 or a 211 or a Wally. (Edited to add that you can also add a Super Joey to a Hopper 1 or a Hopper 2 but I don't think that would help you.)

Reactions: TheKrell
That still kinda has me at a stand still on having a Hopper 3 and a Hopper 2 on the same account. I'd prefer not to have to buy another Hopper 3 just so I can have another Hopper :confused:

That still kinda has me at a stand still on having a Hopper 3 and a Hopper 2 on the same account. I'd prefer not to have to buy another Hopper 3 just so I can have another Hopper :confused:
Just curious, but with 16 tuners, why do you need another Hopper? I know of one where the guy needed Picture in Picture in 2 rooms at the same time

Reactions: chiodo and TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)