Install question

jessshaun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
Robinson, Illinois, United States
After switching to Directv in February, we decided we wanted Dish Network for locals only.

I bought a new 625 on Ebay after finding that they weren't much more than a 508. We had a 625 before and loved it.

I got on the roof this weekend and hooked up 100ft of RG-6 cabling.

The switch is a DP-34.

Here is my question. The neighbors run a line off our dish (It's the same property, and they're family), they also have a 625. What switch would I need, so I wouldn't have to run a second line to our 625? Or would it be cheaper to just spend the extra $30 on a second RG-6 cable?

Thanks for your help. I'm new at this.

If the two houses have seperate power meters and or breaker panels, I would not run two houses of the same dish because of grounding issues
Dpp switches are well over 100$
a second dish would be far cheeper IMO
This issue has been discused here before do a thread search

edit ok I just looked on ebay and a new on is around 80$ or so ...still pretty steep

Hmm... I never thought about the situation with the power. I really didn't. I'll look into things. I may have to get a Dish 500 and set up a second dish. (or technically third if you count Directv). I may for the moment just run a second line from the dish, as that would at least get us up and running for cheaper than buying a new switch from the looks of Ebay.

Thanks for your help everyone. I've got some searching to do now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts